Dan Burn

Rich

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Slight mistake, but it’s not his fault we should have already been 1-0 up and Havertz shouldn’t have been on the pitch.

Also Havertz had loads to do, even with the mistake and it was a naughty finish.

It was also a magnificent cross tbf.

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He and Schar compliment each other so well. Schar always looked ready to make a rick but he’s so composed now.

Yep. Burn was getting most of the praise today. But Schar was also outstanding. Always seemed to be in the right place to clear or head away. 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It was an incredible goal, not sure it’s even a mistake by Burn. Ridiculous pass and control. 

He was amazing today but his positioning was way off for the goal. He should have been slightly more to the left and deeper. Havertz  did great for the goal though tbf. 

34 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It was an incredible goal, not sure it’s even a mistake by Burn. Ridiculous pass and control. 

You're probably right. He maybe set a rod for his own back in that he set his level so high throughout the rest of the match that it's disappointing that he didn't cut it out like he did with everything else that was thrown at him. He had an absolutely brilliant match yet again.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Was having a flawless game but i do think he lost his man for the goal, if it was a back two i'd understand but in a back three you really should go with him faster and keep the other two free, but i can't speak highly enough of him since he came to our side, hopefully many solid performances coming up.

On 10/03/2022 at 23:32, jack j said:

Needs a song ASAP and deserves better than the one of our own shite

Fucking knew it wouldn't take long til it got sung. Fucking shite. Our songs are pitiful as fuck bar the classics

4 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Was having a flawless game but i do think he lost his man for the goal, if it was a back two i'd understand but in a back three you really should go with him faster and keep the other two free, but i can't speak highly enough of him since he came to our side, hopefully many solid performances coming up.

You can tell by his reaction he knew he lost his man also. Shame as he had been pretty faultless up to then, however Havertz should have been sitting in the dressing room at that moment. How that can not be classed as serious dangerous play, Burn was very lucky to only have a cut as he could easily have had a broken cheekbone with that challenge.

3 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Watched it again on MOTD and got annoyed again. It's one thing jumping with your arm, it's another to lead with it.

Of course it is, no surprise that prick Murphy didn't think it was. It was a disgusting challenge. Chelsea didn't beat us today, the officials did.

There's many better defenders who would make the same mistake, but I like that he looked disappointed in himself. He knew straightaway whereas I think some of the knackers we've had in the same position would need it explained over and over to them.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It's not even a mistake as such, he's been done by a split second judgement, forced by a superb ball and movement. He'd have done very well to cut it out.

his starting position was wrong. Then the bit of top quality happened.  Apart from that he was bloody amazing. He knew he had lost his man.

Just now, Ikon said:

his starting position was wrong. Then the bit of top quality happened.  Apart from that he was bloody amazing. He knew he had lost his man.

Aye that's what I mean. I think he thought he could cut it out, but he'd have been better off going with his man.

Yeah it was a small lapse in a game he had defended brilliantly, really can't be upset with the guy at all. 

To be honest I'm more disappointed in the space and time that was given to Jorginho to play that ball in.

21 hours ago, jack j said:

Fucking knew it wouldn't take long til it got sung. Fucking shite. Our songs are pitiful as fuck bar the classics

I’m proposing a simple one, to the tune of No Limit:

Big Dan

Big Dan Big Dan

Big Dan Big Dan

Big Dan

Big Dan Burrrrrn

Danny Murphy is talking a load of nonsense when he said Dan Burn led with his elbow as well and was just as bad as Harvertz. Burn’s elbow is in line with his shoulders where as Harvertz is clearly way above his head. 

8 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Didn’t realise he was missing a finger.

I swear someones says this exact same thing every single week on here :lol:

Edited by Sean