Mason Greenwood

mouldy_uk

The cynic in me feels like his "team" probably strongly hinted to him, if he doesn't want to go to prison and lose his career, his only option was to convince the girl to get back with him and stay with her.

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Probably naive of me but I think a club should always put fans first. 

For our female supporters what do they do now if Greenwood scores? It's a statistical certainty that there will be victims of domestic violence in the ground every week and they have to watch this guy live his best life out on the pitch again. 

Ten Hag was building a dressing room full of strong characters. There's a togetherness with the team at the minute. I think Greenwood returning actually hurts us. 

This is going to make so many of our fans uncomfortable. Then again football fans are fickle and it could all be forgotten about in a year or two. 

Maybe the upcoming statements and explanations from the club will change things, but every fan I've spoken to bar one doesn't want him to return, myself included. 

:thup:

The club should be sacking him off or leaving him to rot. In that order depending on feasibility.

3 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Am I misremembering how good he was or something? I would have thought he didn't warrant the fuss from a Man Utd perspective. Very odd. 

Just pay the man off and send him to whichever bellend club wants to take him. 

He was very good like, one of the best prospects in England at the time I'd say. 

As good as he was though, I dont think hes worth all this bullshit for Man Utd now though, he's only got two years left on his contract and hasn't kicked a ball for a year and a half. Just pay him off or see if someone in Saudi is willing to take him for 20p of whatever.

C. Ronaldo has only just about been able to get away with his rapey tendencies, and he's one of the best (and most well paid, more importantly) players ever, and the public evidence against him wasn't as damning as this. 

17 minutes ago, christ said:

Appreciate this will go down like a fart in a phone box, but we can’t get on our high horse about shit like this when you have the owners that we do.

Whataboutism.

It’s not even in the same ball park, that comparison like.

In recent times we’ve had players who have run afoul of johnny law.. Barton, Ranger spring to mind and especially the latter despite not being associated with the club in what must be 10+ years, gets NUFC named every time alongside every misdeed.

You’re talking about an absolute entitled little creep here who couldn’t get that bint knocked up fast enough. I think he’s absolutely fair game for anyone to have an opinion on.

Is it as bad as Adam Johnson? No probably not, but there’s no way he should have an opportunity to play at this level again. It’s mental that it’s even being discussed.

39 minutes ago, christ said:

Appreciate this will go down like a fart in a phone box, but we can’t get on our high horse about shit like this when you have the owners that we do.

Probably depends on your stance on both things like. :lol: If we're talking about a PIF-loving Greenwood condemner then aye fair enough but that's not everyone.

Also depends who you count as ‘owners’. I’ve seen the phrase being used to talk about Staveley and co and how great they are (which seems fair). Also heard it being used to refer to the PIF/Saudi state and even that MBS fella. 

I think it’s not fair to label the state as a load of evil murderers, but MBS has ‘accepted responsibility’ for a journalist murdered under his leadership and we did largely support and celebrate his state taking us over after all. 

3 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

For all of his fuckery, bacon face Ferguson didn’t take no bullshit when it came to sullying the name of the club. If you put the clubs reputation at stake then you were gone. 

Man United can’t win here and I’m absolutely here for it. They either cut their losses on a huge young talent or they sink to the morally bankrupt levels of your average Liverpool fan. It’s fuckin glorious. It could massively affect their season.

Didn’t he stand by Giggs and reinstate him after the early allegations of domestic abuse? 

All members of the supporters trust have now been contacted and asked for their opinion for it to be sent to senior management. I've basically said what I've said on here. Be interesting to see what the response is.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

All members of the supporters trust have now been contacted and asked for their opinion for it to be sent to senior management. I've basically said what I've said on here. Be interesting to see what the response is.

Interesting that they’ve done this now rather than over the last few months. A PR disaster for Man U even though it will be forgotten about quickly if they do oust him 

8 hours ago, christ said:

:dowie:RTG’esque

11 hours ago, BennyBlanco said:

For all of his fuckery, bacon face Ferguson didn’t take no bullshit when it came to sullying the name of the club. If you put the clubs reputation at stake then you were gone. 

Man United can’t win here and I’m absolutely here for it. They either cut their losses on a huge young talent or they sink to the morally bankrupt levels of your average Liverpool fan. It’s fuckin glorious. It could massively affect their season.

Alex Ferguson basically had the authority of the entire football side of the business when he was manager, on the face of it the board unanimously trusted him in any decision.

He jettisoned way more important players than Greenwood is now (Beckham, Stam, van Nistelrooy) and the board backed him every time. Ferguson also backed himself to find a replacement even better.

Doesn’t look like Ten Hag has that authority or has the same self belief to do the same.

He's a public figure and this is a very serious public issue. I can't see how any football club can employ him.

I don't like to see a young person mess up such a promising career, but he has to pay the price.

Edited by Cronky

10 hours ago, Froggy said:

Probably naive of me but I think a club should always put fans first. 

For our female supporters what do they do now if Greenwood scores? It's a statistical certainty that there will be victims of domestic violence in the ground every week and they have to watch this guy live his best life out on the pitch again. 

Ten Hag was building a dressing room full of slimy, whiny, cheating cunts. There's a togetherness with the team at the minute. I think Greenwood returning actually hurts us. 

This is going to make so many of our fans uncomfortable. Then again football fans are fickle and it could all be forgotten about in a year or two. 

Maybe the upcoming statements and explanations from the club will change things, but every fan I've spoken to bar one doesn't want him to return, myself included. 

He'll fit right in then

2 hours ago, Sima said:

Doesn’t look like Ten Hag has that authority

Maybe he just doesn't give a shite? He had nowt to say at Ajax when it was known inside the club that Overmars was sex pesting around the office.

Also, whatever happened to the claims about Antony being an abuser? Story seems to have disappeared.