Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

Really harsh that he’s not in the England squad when we have 4 right backs and a right footed left back who has been poor since returning from long term injury in there.

9 minutes ago, Smal said:

Really harsh that he’s not in the England squad when we have 4 right backs and a right footed left back who has been poor since returning from long term injury in there.

Also harsh that his other option is Scotland who already have Tierney and Robertson.

11 minutes ago, huss9 said:

he's gonna get a massive ovation next time he takes at corner at "the corner", whether its for us or the opposition.

I think, if he doesn't come here, he'll get a massive good natured boo on his first touch. Steve Watson style. To be followed with "one Matty Targett".

Edited by madras

17 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Our form with him in the team was 3rd. Only Liverpool and Man C ahead of us and that gap will take longer to bridge

So we don’t need to strenghten the team at all then going by that logic.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We might have our sights higher.

We all know that - but if Lodi is as attack minded as hes made out, do we really want our left back AHEAD of Maxi when he loses the ball?

8 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

We all know that - but if Lodi is as attack minded as hes made out, do we really want our left back AHEAD of Maxi when he loses the ball?

Do you not think Eddie Howe will have thought about this? 

26 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I guess Howe have a plan behind that. 

Get the impression there seems to be a lot in this Lodi link, he looks quality both in terms of attacking and defending. I’d be happy with Targett (and thought there might’ve been confirmation by now if he was signing )but fully trust in the recruitment whatever they decide. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Get the impression there seems to be a lot in this Lodi link, he looks quality both in terms of attacking and defending. I’d be happy with Targett (and thought there might’ve been confirmation by now if he was signing )but fully trust in the recruitment whatever they decide. 

Lodi AND Targett, yes please. Lodi and Dummett  :scared:

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Lodi AND Targett, yes please. Lodi and Dummett  :scared:

I suppose it’s a question of whether Targett would sign if he knows another likely starting LB is brought in. He left Villa for that reason but yes signing him and someone else would be ideal. One of the issues is going to be getting rid of players this summer. We’ve got 32 players currently.

1 minute ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I suppose it’s a question of whether Targett would sign if he knows another likely starting LB is brought in. He left Villa for that reason but yes signing him and someone else would be ideal. One of the issues is going to be getting rid of players this summer. We’ve got 32 players currently.

My hope is that Targett was so enamoured with the fans and the stadium vibe that he’ll consider the long term possibility rather than just a short term view. Does he want to be part of an exciting journey? Maybe the Dummett contract was for resale value if any? I trust Eddie to do whatever is right, even if like Keagan some of the choices are at first questionable. I don’t see Eddie on the steps explaining to fans just jet. But I trust him 100% to get his team choices right.

whatever happens it’s going to be our first really exciting summer transfer window for a long, long time.

onwards and upwards :indi:

4 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

Does Targett not want to return to the south coast or somewhere near?

Possibly but in a recent interview standing on the pitch after Arsenal it seemed pretty obvious from what he said that he was keen to stay. 

I wonder if the hold up is anything to do with the timing of Ashworth coming in, EH might have told him yes I’d live you here but we have a committee now and everyone has to give their input etc.