Matt Targett

SUPERTOON

28 minutes ago, brummie said:

I just read this on a Villa forum which in think is correct and pretty much echoes my take on it. 

these excitable kids on twitter are getting on my tits. 

it’s like watching two bald men fighting over a comb

Aye well, I'm not parting with mine.

Edited by NE27

As much as I was excited that it seemed we were looking for players that the club thought were better players. I was also quite disappointed that we were looking past him after how good he was since Jan. 

Never seen anyone saying they are "absolutely over the moon" about something with so little conviction and emotion in my life :lol: Love his slightly introvert dorkiness.

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Don’t know about that like LFEE. Not having to rely on the likes of Matt Richie for half the season must be worth a few points at least compared to last season.

@LFEEAye, but losing him would weaken us from last season, not a good first step in the right direction.

Edit: Was actually responding to the post you were responding to.

Edited by Happinesstan

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Never seen anyone saying they are "absolutely over the moon" about something with so little conviction and emotion in my life :lol: Love his slightly introvert dorkiness.

He's delightfully dull.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Targett says in his interview that Howe told him he wanted to sign him pre-Burnley. Lodi may just have been a mischievous agent.

Is the agent Bruno? Because Lodi used to be his best friend before Paquetta.

Worst case scenario for next season, we have the squad that put in a class performance against Arsenal and provided top 4 form since January.

8 hours ago, TRon said:

Makes you wonder why Villa went all out to sign Digne then. You would have thought if Targett was as good going forward, why would they need anyone else? Was it just naive and remarkably dumb management by the rookie Gerrarrrrd?

They'd have kept him if his name were Mathieu Targét