Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest neesy111
20 minutes ago, hakka said:

There was at least 3 world class saves. Salah far post curler was brilliant.

The one in the first half was, I didn't think much of the 2 in the second half when you watch them on replay.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Thinking Real is a better team than Liverpool or Man City is just dumb despite their recent wins over them both tbh.

Agree but also think it's just as mad to call them 2 of the top 5 teams ever

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Thinking Real is a better team than Liverpool or Man City is just dumb despite their recent wins over them both tbh.

Yes, I usually find that internet arguments are a much better way to find out which football team is better

10 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I was genuinely terrified that under the FCB we'd end up with Gerrard as our manager. If that happened, I'd be permanently out rather than just in hibernation as a fan like I was until the FCB fucked off. Gerrard is my all time least favourite footballer, and the way he is going on at Villa has done nothing to improve my opinion of him.

Karma for those 'Sob on the Tyne' bedsheets that the Villa fans have to put up with that apococunt as their manager. [emoji38]

Apococunt :lol:

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That’s gotta be one of the toughest routes to the final I’ve ever seen I reckon 

To be fair last time Madrid beat Liverpool in the final in 2018 their route was:

Group: Tottenham, Dortmund, APOEL.

Round of 16: PSG

Quarter Final: Juventus

Semi Final: Bayern Munich

Final: Liverpool 

Guest neesy111

Currently in Mallorca and the glory hunting locals are out in force in their cars.  Another reason to hate Real.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Can’t believe Alexander-Arnold isn’t getting hammered for that defending.

Well, I can…

Come November, they’ll be completely baffled why he hasn’t made the WC squad. 

5 minutes ago, triggs said:

Agree but also think it's just as mad to call them 2 of the top 5 teams ever

Not necessarily the top 5 most talented teams ever but they are so much fitter and tactically more advanced than any team in the last century that I'm pretty confident about my statement.

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yes, I usually find that internet arguments are a much better way to find out which football team is better

I would bet anything with you that if Real played either team ten times that they wouldn't be the winners of that series hardly ever, 20 games and it's never. But that's the beauty of Cup competitions, anything can happen. Chelsea that were 20 points behind Pool and City in the league should have knocked them out, if Real were in the PL they would be fighting for a CL place with Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

Edited by Pata

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

That’s gotta be one of the toughest routes to the final I’ve ever seen I reckon 

Barca had a tougher one in 2014/15

Group stage ahead of PSG and Ajax who were the winners of their respective leagues.

Knocked out City who were the winner of PL

Knocked out PSG who were the winner of L1

Knocked out Munich who were the winner of Bundesliga

Won the CL vs Juve who were the winner of SA

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Not necessarily the top 5 most talented teams ever but they are so much fitter and tactically more advanced than any team in the last century that I'm pretty confident about my statement.

They can't even beat a team of old men from Madrid with all their fitness