Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Gamesmanship and sh1thousery

Media: Filthy hun weasels, fighting their dirty underhand war!

Lampard, Big Sam, Bruce dreck gamesmanship and sh1thousery

Media: Splendid fellows, brave heroes risking life and limb for Blighty!

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, SAK said:

It’s social media that causes the animosity as you get the bell ends on there having a go at other fans (cuts both ways and we’ve got our fair share). The perception from social media alone is Everton fans hate us post takeover which I don’t think is the reality for the majority of the support but some loud mouths on the internet give that impression.

It predates the takeover. Probably started with Rafa coming here in 2016. I also remember seeing a lot of Everton fans online opposing/eventually gloating over the failed 2019 BZG takeover.

Although something I've noticed is that the loudest Everton voices online tend to be Americans so I'm not sure how representative the animosity actually is. 

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

I seem to be one of the few who don't want to see Everton relegated. :lol: One of my best mates is an Everton fan and in general as a fan I want to have as many traditional PL clubs in the league as possible. Us vs Leeds or Everton feels like a big match but Burnley means nothing to me. There's one another team I would like to have back for the same reasons but I don't have the balls to name it. :lol:

Sheffield Wednesday

11 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’s been on this forum longer than you and is fucking sound so fuck off with that shit!

I'm sure he is sound and I have no issue there,so wind you're fucking neck in for 5 minutes eh 

3 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

I think he is a brilliant keeper when he is not in the "chest thumping pashun" mode. All of the best keepers nowadays - Allison, Ederson, Courtois, Neur - keep a low profile during the game, try to calm down when things are heated. Pickford is the opposite of that. Gets too involved in the banter and tries to win the war of words. 

Look at him for England. Southgate is like the perfect manager for him. Dials down the temperature. Emphasizes players to use their heads. In that environment, Pickford is brilliant.

For everton, he reverts back to the "pashun" mode and then all the flaws crop up. 

This polarity of his in-game personality was best displayed in the build up to the Jorginho penalty against Italy. Probably the most high pressure moment of Pickford's career, certainly more than an outing at St James' Park or a derby at Anfield, and he was mouthing to himself "no problem, no problem" before pulling off an outstanding, crucial save. 

He clearly has it within him to handle the high pressure situations, and I think when in the right headspace he's one of the better keepers in the league.

24 minutes ago, Pata said:

I seem to be one of the few who don't want to see Everton relegated. :lol: One of my best mates is an Everton fan and in general as a fan I want to have as many traditional PL clubs in the league as possible. Us vs Leeds or Everton feels like a big match but Burnley means nothing to me. There's one another team I would like to have back for the same reasons but I don't have the balls to name it. :lol:

Totally agree.