Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Other than it being nice not being us for a change, I've nothing against EFC as a club.

Their online fans, like everyone's, leave a bit to be desired[emoji38]

I can remember how shit it was for us so I have a slither of sympathy for fans, especially ones who haven't experienced it before. It can feel like the end of the world at times.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Do Everton have to buy Alli, and if so how much?

Weve already bought him, for nothing. Gradually pay more based on appearances, achievements etc. I'm not sure there will be too many of either.....

It's grossly misreported, that deal. It's actually one of the few times we haven't chucked loads of money up front at total mediocrity.

19 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Could do with Leeds winning tomorrow to push them clear of Everton ahead of their difficult fixtures.

All in on Everton going down now. Leeds winning helps to stop Palace catching us.

1 minute ago, catlover24 said:

Not a pen because if you watch it again Gordon deliberately stopped to get Matip to run into him after getting in front of him, instead of continuing to play for the ball. Watch his right foot. Excellent call.

Thanks, Peter.

Guest HTT II

RE Pickford, I know people that know him close and by all accounts he’s a decent lad, but still hangs around with numpties from his childhood. He also suffers with mental health problems and I think I’ve heard he may be bi-polar or has ADD? He’s a decent ‘keeper for me anyway!

Can't think of a worse potential signing than Richarliason, Eddie would be running a mile from that one, I suspect. Can't quite wrap my head around fans of other teams being on here while their teams are playing elsewhere, bit fucking weird iyam

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

He will be crying into his copy of the Tory manifesto later on this evening hopefully 

He'll be eating his chips out of that loverley Sunday Telegraph this eve.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

Weve already bought him, for nothing. Gradually pay more based on appearances, achievements etc. I'm not sure there will be too many of either.....

It's grossly misreported, that deal. It's actually one of the few times we haven't chucked loads of money up front at total mediocrity.

They said you paid $54m for him on NBC today. :lol: Was sure that couldn't be right.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Okey good for you. Since its Levy i just assumed it was a bit.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

RE Pickford, I know people that know him close and by all accounts he’s a decent lad, but still hangs around with numpties from his childhood. He also suffers with mental health problems and I think I’ve heard he may be bi-polar or has ADD? He’s a decent ‘keeper for me anyway!

Aye deffo looking forward to seeing him in the World Cup.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Holloway said:

Can't think of a worse potential signing than Richarliason, Eddie would be running a mile from that one, I suspect. Can't quite wrap my head around fans of other teams being on here while their teams are playing elsewhere, bit fucking weird iyam

He’s been on this forum longer than you and is fucking sound so fuck off with that shit!

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Mike said:

Aye deffo looking forward to seeing him in the World Cup.

Did Liverpool qualify for it?

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

They said you paid $54m for him on NBC today. :lol: Was sure that couldn't be right.

Yeah, if he makes loads of appearances, wins cups, cures world hunger and gets today's Wordle in one we end up eventually paying top whack. Unfortunately very little of it is likely.

Edited by Neil

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He might be a decent lad but he’s a shit keeper 

I seem to be one of the few who don't want to see Everton relegated. :lol: One of my best mates is an Everton fan and in general as a fan I want to have as many traditional PL clubs in the league as possible. Us vs Leeds or Everton feels like a big match but Burnley means nothing to me. There's one another team I would like to have back for the same reasons but I don't have the balls to name it. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

[emoji38] I appreciate it, funny to see how threatened some people are by a team who have been shite for years.

It’s social media that causes the animosity as you get the bell ends on there having a go at other fans (cuts both ways and we’ve got our fair share). The perception from social media alone is Everton fans hate us post takeover which I don’t think is the reality for the majority of the support but some loud mouths on the internet give that impression.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think he is a brilliant keeper when he is not in the "chest thumping pashun" mode. All of the best keepers nowadays - Allison, Ederson, Courtois, Neur - keep a low profile during the game, try to calm down when things are heated. Pickford is the opposite of that. Gets too involved in the banter and tries to win the war of words. 

Look at him for England. Southgate is like the perfect manager for him. Dials down the temperature. Emphasizes players to use their heads. In that environment, Pickford is brilliant.

For everton, he reverts back to the "pashun" mode and then all the flaws crop up. 

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Also Pickford is a glaring example

of how lax the PL drug testing regime is. That man loves a line 

Judging by that shite music he listens to. I’d defo say he’s partial to a bit of speed on a night out.