Newcastle United 3 - 1 Everton (08/02/2022)

Disco

Anyone have a copy of the programme they'd be willing to send me a photo of? My grandfather's write-up was in it today and I've ordered one, but hoping I could send along the photo to my grandma in the mean time.

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Reduced to atoms.

But it's memory lives on mate.

Stadium looked fantastic on NUFC too, lots of open space for incoming millions. Just wish it could be left clear, but I get it. 

2 hours ago, nortoon said:

Started watching this guy after the takeover. Beats the shit out of most pundits and has good knowledge.

Yeah been following him since then myself, Great watches and really knows the game.

It made me so proud of the team tonight listening him lush over ASM. Didn’t get to watch the match as tivio decided not to record it ?

Great comments everyone.

There is little to add, but I'll just remind everyone that Everton won their last game 4-1 against Premier League opposition. Four goals off five attempts on target says the score flattered them, but a 4-1 is still a 4-1. By hitting them with a strong high press basically straight from the kickoff and forcing them into losing possession in their own half several times, I think we destroyed any confidence they may have gained from that cup win. We won the game in the second half, but the first half set it up. 

The other point I'll make is that we still only had 40% of possession, i.e., 40% of the passes hit were by us. That was a very comfortable win, so that stat is completely irrelevant. Passes between CHs will click click the possession number, while ASM running rings round people on route to goal will not. We all know which of those we'd like to watch.

Laying in bed still buzzing, I’ve missed my club over the last 14 years. Never expected to get it back but now it really feels like we have, can’t wait for Sunday now.. 

Edited by Nine

2 hours ago, woody said:

Anyone have a copy of the programme they'd be willing to send me a photo of? My grandfather's write-up was in it today and I've ordered one, but hoping I could send along the photo to my grandma in the mean time.

DM me your address I will post you the programme mate ?

2 hours ago, Nine said:

Laying in bed still buzzing, I’ve missed my club over the last 14 years. Never expected to get it back but now it really feels like we have, can’t wait for Sunday now.. 

Got about three hrs sleep last night, I was that high after watching the game. Haven't enjoyed a game that much in a long time, the fight of the players and the crowd ifting off in response was electric.

Just wondering, was there any reason VAR ignored the clear stamp on Willock's leg by Branthwaite in the second half? I get why the cunt of a ref missed it, but isn't that the point of having VAR?

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

I hope footage of this is available 

It was hilarious; Gray saying that he could only see a comfortable Everton win and Keys saying our only good signing this window was Wood (and that we’re the likeliest to go down).