Brentford 0 - 2 Newcastle United (26/02/2022)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Looking more than just competent today. Albeit slightly harder to judge when playing against 10 men

Under previous cabbagement we wouldn't have had any clue what to do with the ball and end up playing for a 0-0.

It's been fucking aaages since I've seen us play simple, effective football. Love seeing traditional wing play with overlapping fullbacks. Our wide men have been excellent.

Took about 30 mins to notice Willock was playing, but is crucial as an otpion through the centre, and what a finish.

Wood is getting closer...

Just now, McCormick said:

Wood’s heading (on goal) looks very weak for a target man. 

That aside, lovely half of football from us.

On the plus side, if he's going to miss chances, might as well be in the games we are winning anyway.

This is utterly erotic. 

We may have a man advantage but I can't imagine many managers in our recent history having the players making this much of it. When was the last time we could say it felt like a practice match? 

Just now, STM said:

Forget them being down to 10 men. How nice is it to do what a team with an extra player is supposed to do. Dominated, created chances, took them.

Yup, spreading the play all the time, overloads aplenty and centre backs squeezing forward to keep the pitch small. Professional stuff but makes such a difference compared to what we’re used to watching.

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Fucken stream is about 2 mins behind so I knew that 2nd goal was coming. Proper spoiled it haha. But fuck it, get in the tooooooon!!!!!

I've got to be so careful because of this. Have ruined goals for myself on the past so now I only check this thread when the ball goes out of play on the half way line or something to minimise the risk. :lol: