Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

11 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

For years we tortured ourselves with this unfounded idea that City’s owners were in for us but did a runner for whatever reason. Would love it to be Chelsea’s turn next.

21 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

For years we tortured ourselves with this unfounded idea that City’s owners were in for us but did a runner for whatever reason. Would love it to be Chelsea’s turn next.

The only thing unfounded about it was that Ashley wasn't genuinely interested in selling as the next 11years showed.

Had his bluff called on selling then disappeared.

Edited by Wolfcastle

35 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Anyone with knowledge of American sports able to say much about this Boehly character and his approach to funding sports teams? 

He's been fucking excellent for the Dodgers, bank rolled them into one of the most powerful teams in MLB today. I think the have the highest pay roll this season again, sitting at about 263.5 million and built a team of superstars.

Be interesting to see what approach he takes at Chelsea but I imagine it similar to throwing money at it like Roman, within spending rules etc.

8 minutes ago, MagCA said:

He's been fucking excellent for the Dodgers, bank rolled them into one of the most powerful teams in MLB today. I think the have the highest pay roll this season again, sitting at about 263.5 million and built a team of superstars.

Be interesting to see what approach he takes at Chelsea but I imagine it similar to throwing money at it like Roman, within spending rules etc.

It sounds like he has been after a club for years, links back to 2015 with Villa and resurfaced again in 2019 for Tottenham and Chelsea. 

17 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

I think some of the problem is if the £1.6b isn't repaid it counts as an owner injection of funds and Chelsea are in breach of FFP and looking at a 12 point penalty and missing out on Top 4.

I maybe wrong but I think it is more serious than FFP. Chelsea owe Roman 1.6 billion or something. If Roman says, I want it back, then Chelsea or the new owners pay it back or the club goes into administration. I maybe misreading the situation.