Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle United (13/03/2022)

Mike

Just now, Billy Warthog said:

On Miggy's shot - "He really should hit the target there"... am I missing something? 

I think he meant Schar's follow up effort but JFH isn't the most articulate pundit despite living here for about 50 years

Thought we’d lose a bit of coherence with so many changes and a change in formation but we’ve been amazing without the ball. You have to give the coaching staff incredible credit, like. They can’t have had long to work on it either after playing on Thursday.

6 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Don't see how anyone can even doubt that, we are obviously going to spend big in the summer. We only need to he better than Man United, Arsenal west ham and Tottenham to contest that 4th place and don't think any of them are that great.

Love your outlook, but we may need to be more realistic. It'll take time to build, although i hope you're right sensible team and club restructuring will take a wee bit longer imo.

Guest reefatoon

Just shows you that you don’t have to sit back with 10 men on the edge of your box against these teams, which we always resorted to for donkeys years and managers of late. Breath of fucking fresh air this. Shit negative defensive football can do one.

We haven't been spectacular, but we have clear belief in the squad now. I love how we set up on the edge of the box when they have a GK as well :lol: never give them a moment to settle.

Edited by Klaus

Just blown away by how professional an outfit we look now, it doesn't even make sense how Eddie Howe has managed this.

The fitness levels now are just exceptional. Every single one of our players looks to have added yards of pace. Longstaff actually looks mobile again.

Seems at the minute it doesn't matter who comes into the team. The levels of performance at least from a physical standpoint are so impressive. Crazy stuff.

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Love your outlook, but we may need to be more realistic. It'll take time to build, although i hope you're right sensible team and club restructuring will take a wee bit longer imo.

He's already got us competing against them now, we've been as good as Man United, West Ham and now Chelsea with players who aren't good enough. Sign 3 or 4 top players in the summer and a few more for the squad and it's looking a banker for me like.

Quality half, I hope the lads have enough in the tank to keep the pressing up, because that was intense.

An overall lack of threat as expected from the attacking players we have on the pitch. ASM would weaken us defensively, but he's about the biggest stick-or-twist going in the league. An intriguing situation for big Eddie.