sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Got to doff your cap at them still

managing to get their trademark of litter blowing in the breeze into that advert. 

meanwhile about the unique stadium that they call home:

”I hate going to away grounds that are on out of town Identikit retail parks with nandos and Starbucks. Fuck that. I like our ground that way it is, must be class for away fans, proper pubs in all directions, 5 mins walk to the town centre, few scrap yards and back lanes to navigate”

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/investment-in-the-stadium.1601780/

2 hours ago, RS said:

managing to get their trademark of litter blowing in the breeze into that advert. 

”I hate going to away grounds that are on out of town Identikit retail parks with nandos and Starbucks. Fuck that. I like our ground that way it is, must be class for away fans, proper pubs in all directions, 5 mins walk to the town centre, few scrap yards and back lanes to navigate”

Self-awareness isn’t one of their strengths.

They also fail to mention the SOS’s greatest appeal to away fans - it’s a short walk from the Metro station, which means you can drink in Newcastle before and after the game with a convenient half hour or so train ride to the game and back

3 hours ago, RS said:

Wouldn't be surprised if those thoughts have never passed through the mind of a single away fan at Sunderland.

"proper pubs in all directions"

Eh??

I can only think of three pubs within 5 minutes walk of the ground.

You have to go over the bridge to find any amount of bars and even then, theres not that many and they're all shit.

1 minute ago, bigfella said:

"proper pubs in all directions"

Eh??

I can only think of three pubs within 5 minutes walk of the ground.

You have to go over the bridge to find any amount of bars and even then, theres not that many and they're all shit.

There's hundreds mate. Just about a dozen metro stops away :lol:

On 20/03/2023 at 08:54, Izakaya said:

Don't mind the Boro one bit. Quite like them actually. 

Never met a smoggie that wasn't hilarious to be honest. 

Aye I work with a few they’re genuinely self deprecating funny lads in my experience and whimsy they’d love to beat us don’t take it or themselves too seriously. 

I actually don’t know many mackems and whilst I hate the football team would prob have better crack on holiday with a lad from Ryhope than say Reading.

3 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Aye I work with a few they’re genuinely self deprecating funny lads in my experience and whimsy they’d love to beat us don’t take it or themselves too seriously. 

I actually don’t know many mackems and whilst I hate the football team would prob have better crack on holiday with a lad from Ryhope than say Reading.

nah. spent 1996 working in middlesbrough and its part of my PTSD now with regards to that season.

they fucking loved watching us implode. 

I have worked with a lot of Boro lads over the years and almost all of them have been good craic. One of them was part of their hooligan element back in the day and he was funny as fuck. Great sense of humour. They love to rib Geordies but are fully aware of their standing in the scheme of things. 

4 hours ago, pedro111 said:

I have worked with a lot of Boro lads over the years and almost all of them have been good craic. One of them was part of their hooligan element back in the day and he was funny as fuck. Great sense of humour. They love to rib Geordies but are fully aware of their standing in the scheme of things. 

And Sunderland’s standing :coolsmiley:

20 hours ago, OCOCOL said:

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

do you not rememeber their shitty "geordies at home" flags during their uefa cup run and their recent attempfs after we got beat at wembley?

fuck em all.

every single club thats not us.

On 21/03/2023 at 10:37, Sima said:

Reading further on that thread they seriously think their ground is better than ours and the only reason we'll get Euro 2028 is due to transport links and hotels.

Who’d have thought fans having a place to stay would be a consideration… what a madness.

In a similar vain, turn the Hoppings zone into a camping bit for travelling fans and Exhibition Park into a fanzone and we’re bouncing. 

7 hours ago, huss9 said:

do you not rememeber their shitty "geordies at home" flags during their uefa cup run and their recent attempfs after we got beat at wembley?

fuck em all.

every single club thats not us.

They're certainly a strange bunch with a massive fixation and chip on their shoulder when it comes to us. They got all the way through to the UEFA Cup Final and all they did was sing about us watching The Bill [emoji38] Other than that they've had a wide assortment of banners at their home games about us. The trophy virgins one was a particular highlight considering the relative history and trophy count of both clubs.

Seen some other banners they've about made about us on social media this year of the anti Saudi nature but even after all that I find it hard to give a fuck about them and very much doubt I ever will. As a place and as a football club I'd class Middlesbrough as pretty much an irrelevance to almost everyone. They don't even have a proper Derby to call their own.

Thing with Boro is dead simple… They’re desperate to be hated by someone but the truth is, nobody really does..

Up north, we’re too busy with Sunderland and vice versa so they have to turn their attentions down south…

Unfortunately Leeds are too focussed on Man U to even consider Boro…. and I suppose even Darlington and Hartlepool were too pre occupied with each other to worry about them..

So unfortunately for our friends from North Yorkshire, they are stuck in no man’s land without a true rival… and are seen as no more than an irritant albeit on different scales to different folk..

5 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

They're certainly a strange bunch with a massive fixation and chip on their shoulder when it comes to us. They got all the way through to the UEFA Cup Final and all they did was sing about us watching The Bill [emoji38] Other than that they've had a wide assortment of banners at their home games about us. The trophy virgins one was a particular highlight considering the relative history and trophy count of both clubs.

Seen some other banners they've about made about us on social media this year of the anti Saudi nature but even after all that I find it hard to give a fuck about them and very much doubt I ever will. As a place and as a football club I'd class Middlesbrough as pretty much an irrelevance to almost everyone. They don't even have a proper Derby to call their own.

What's the Boro equivalent for makematics? Smogology?  Massive issue with Saudi owning us, but massive love for Sabic at the same time?

Saying that I doubt most of them even know Sabic is Saudi...

Edited by gjohnson

For those who can access the thread, have a look at the state of these posts man. Actually willing the North East on to be seen as a shithole, all in the hope that keeps NUFC from being successful. https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nufc-sportswashing-compendium-thread-jan-mar-2023.1597866/post-37992688

For those who can't access the thread, here are some of the comments. They are the saddest & most bitter fanbase in the country, bar none.

"they will pull out within 3 years once man u and spurs get taken over and they realise the north east really is viewed as a cess pit to anyone with significant wealth".

"The day will be magnificent".

"They'll build a Sheikdome in Longbenton imo".

"£2k a season ticket / £150 a match ticket.

Your lifelong / working class NUFC fans priced out.

Be f***ing lifting for them.

The sportswashed amongst them are either too dense or in denial about what is to come".

"Or of course the owners will pie them off as soon as a more attractive club becomes available in a more attractive area of global influence".

11 minutes ago, llcoolc157 said:

Thing with Boro is dead simple… They’re desperate to be hated by someone but the truth is, nobody really does..

Up north, we’re too busy with Sunderland and vice versa so they have to turn their attentions down south…

Unfortunately Leeds are too focussed on Man U to even consider Boro…. and I suppose even Darlington and Hartlepool were too pre occupied with each other to worry about them..

So unfortunately for our friends from North Yorkshire, they are stuck in no man’s land without a true rival… and are seen as no more than an irritant albeit on different scales to different folk..

Agree with this. Their only genuine rivals should be Sunderland, but obviously the mackems are fixated with us, so boro end up as second hand rivals looking in from the outside. Actually both boro and Sunderland have too much of a chip on their shoulder about us, but that's just because Newcastle is an attractive city, and those two would probably be high up on the list of the worst places to live in Britain. That's not our fault, it's just town planning and hygiene standards.