Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace, Wednesday 20/4/2022 @ 19:45 (No UK TV)

LRD

Sounds like Howe sees 40 points as the 'done' point, not now, and will rotate as little as he can against Palace, factoring in a quick turnaround from the last game. Hope the players share that mindset because I'm absolutely ravenous for more ecstasy at SJP and it's a really winnable game. :lol:

Couldn't blame them for subconsciously taking their foot off the pedal a bit though, especially given the short break.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds like Howe sees 40 points as the 'done' point, not now, and will rotate as little as he can against Palace, factoring in a quick turnaround from the last game. Hope the players share that mindset because I'm absolutely ravenous for more ecstasy at SJP and it's a really winnable game. :lol:

Couldn't blame them for subconsciously taking their foot off the pedal a bit though, especially given the short break.

I know it shouldn't matter, but I feel like a point v Palace and three v Norwich would be more palatable than three v Palace and one v Norwich.

Edited by The Prophet

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

The good thing with Howe is even if we win tonight I don’t think Howe will let us ease up in the final matches. 

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I know it shouldn't matter, but I feel like a point v Palace and three v Norwich would be more palatable than three v Palace and one v Norwich.

Would love to keep the winning run at SJP going mind. 

Guest HTT II
4 hours ago, Bintang said:

Be great to win this and finish the season on a high after confirming safety. I wonder how many points we would have gotten had Howe been in charge from the start. 

We’d be comfortably mid table IMO.

22 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Dont know why but i dont fancy us tonight.

I think these could be a real handful tonight with that lad from Chelsea back in midfield. They’ve got some real pace on the counter and think they’ll be up for it after losing on Sunday.

5 hours ago, Bintang said:

Be great to win this and finish the season on a high after confirming safety. I wonder how many points we would have gotten had Howe been in charge from the start. 

Hard to say, because there would be more games with the pre-January squad, but he would have trained up and weeded out the existing players earlier.

From the Norwich 1-1 with the Clark sending off on Dec 1 is 19 games, half a season, and the table for results since then is this.

164972788_halfseason.thumb.jpg.e6888dd35a4bdf646deb825f04289ca0.jpg

6 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

The good thing with Howe is even if we win tonight I don’t think Howe will let us ease up in the final matches. 

Not when a sub par performance will get you dropped. There's some competition for just about all positions apart from up front. Even if it's not top level competition, the likes of Shelvey, Krafth, Schar and even ASM can't afford to take their foot off the gas, otherwise there's always, Lascelles, Manquillo, Willock or Murphy itching to get a crack at it.

Could have done without all this 5 wins in a row at home and Sir Bobby's record business trying to jinx things,

Its going to be exactly like Wolves I fancy, pretty sure ASM is only starting one of the next two and can't figure out which would be for best. More minutes for Gayle against his former club would sit well too