Newcastle United vs Liverpool, Saturday 30/4/2022 @ 12:30 (BT)

LRD

Coming up for this and a big weekend out in the Toon - first game back at SJP for a long time so really cannot wait! 

They are without doubt a brilliant team, massively in form and any result would be a huge bonus, and will possibly have a big impact on who wins the title.  I am just looking forward to seeing two inform teams.  They should win this, but something inside me says we will get something out of this. 

Just hope the place is rocking and we play without fear.  We have nothing to lose, they certainly do.  Bring it on.   

Edited by Dan Gleebals

If we do get a result, I wonder if there'll be more or less fume than the time we set up to get a result against Man City at home under Rafa, instead of leaving us open to a hiding which was then made out to be one of the most disgusting anti football acts in Premier League history. 

Edited by TBG

1 minute ago, TBG said:

If we do get a result, I wonder if there'll be more or less fume than the time we set up to get a result against Man City at home under Rafa, instead of leaving us open to a hiding which was then made out to be one of the most disgusting anti football acts in Premier League history. 

Everton played that way for 60 min and were praised.

Guest HTT II

The key to stopping LFC play is sticking a man each on TAA and Robertson and pressing their ‘keeper whenever he has the ball at his feet, and I mean literally getting in his face. Do that and they play narrow through the middle and I think we have just enough in there to stifle them enough to stop them going goal crazy. We can’t play a high line/block, but that doesn’t mean we should sit so deep. Also Matip when he steps out is like an extra man, I’d press him too and force him as deep as possible. Outside of Thiago they have zero creativity in midfield. Easier said than done I know, but they can be stopped, of not for 90 minutes, enough to prevent a mauling which they are capable of. If Fwat Fwank can do it…

18 minutes ago, HTT II said:

The key to stopping LFC play is sticking a man each on TAA and Robertson and pressing their ‘keeper whenever he has the ball at his feet, and I mean literally getting in his face. Do that and they play narrow through the middle and I think we have just enough in there to stifle them enough to stop them going goal crazy. We can’t play a high line/block, but that doesn’t mean we should sit so deep. Also Matip when he steps out is like an extra man, I’d press him too and force him as deep as possible. Outside of Thiago they have zero creativity in midfield. Easier said than done I know, but they can be stopped, of not for 90 minutes, enough to prevent a mauling which they are capable of. If Fwat Fwank can do it…

I agree, I would be tempted to leave Joelinton out wide again to try and stifle TAA. 

24 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Be interesting to see how we deal with TAA stepping into midfield. They're usually quite narrow down their right as both Salah and Trent move inside. Would be tempted to leave ASM high up the pitch down our left.

And allow TAA all the space in the world?

Guest HTT II

LFC effectively play 3 at the back with their ‘keeper as part of that 3, with TAA and Robertson more advanced which allows them to play 3 up front or rather have Mane and Salah wide and interchangeable, without sacrificing things in midfield. I’d stick someone on Allison at all times, right in his face. Cut the supply to the fullbacks off and force him to kick long and have their wide forwards facing their own goal to challenge for the ball or to receive it.

Edited by HTT II

Looking forward to getting back over there for this.  Should be bouncing and I only ask that we make it hard for them, which I'm sure we will for the most part but I'm really not expecting anything.