Newcastle United vs Liverpool, Saturday 30/4/2022 @ 12:30 (BT)

LRD

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

If we lose these next two with a 4-0 aggregate I'll take it. Though it doesn't really matter like the Spurs game in the overall trajectory it stays on the permanent record.

Don't know how I feel about them now. There's good (the YNWA Ronaldo chant) and bad (smashing up coaches). Klopp is perfect for them, half likable and charming gobshite half drug fuelled too much with a hint of prickish arrogance.

What an attitude 😂

The Guardian:

Only Liverpool have a better Premier League record in 2022 than Newcastle. After the midweek grinding down of Villarreal, a Saturday lunchtime trip to a bouncing, optimistic St James’ Park will be a test for Jürgen Klopp’s team. The hope in the north-east is that this can soon be a grand-slam clash between two of England’s leading lights, that Eddie Howe’s post-victory, all-hands photo opportunities take in wins over the elite. Time was when a player such as Bruno Guimarães would be under the microscope of the Liverpool transfer committee but a fresh big spender on the block meant his Premier League arrival was accelerated and may, in future, price him even beyond Liverpool’s reach. Tyneside to Merseyside was once a popular trade route, taking in Gini Wijnaldum, José Enrique, Didi Hamann, Peter Beardsley and Terry McDermott. The plan in Saudi Arabia and Amanda Staveley’s office is to end the days of Newcastle being anyone’s feeder club. JB

5 hours ago, McDog said:

The Guardian:

Only Liverpool have a better Premier League record in 2022 than Newcastle. After the midweek grinding down of Villarreal, a Saturday lunchtime trip to a bouncing, optimistic St James’ Park will be a test for Jürgen Klopp’s team. The hope in the north-east is that this can soon be a grand-slam clash between two of England’s leading lights, that Eddie Howe’s post-victory, all-hands photo opportunities take in wins over the elite. Time was when a player such as Bruno Guimarães would be under the microscope of the Liverpool transfer committee but a fresh big spender on the block meant his Premier League arrival was accelerated and may, in future, price him even beyond Liverpool’s reach. Tyneside to Merseyside was once a popular trade route, taking in Gini Wijnaldum, José Enrique, Didi Hamann, Peter Beardsley and Terry McDermott. The plan in Saudi Arabia and Amanda Staveley’s office is to end the days of Newcastle being anyone’s feeder club. JB

And the final 2 sentences are the reason I’ve never been as excited for the future of this football cub. Finally we have owners who want us to be the very best and we won’t roll over for anyone ever again. Newcastle are on the way back and where going to be fucking massive

Even if we get humped on Saturday, where coming for these plastic scouse cunts in the very near future.

Edited by Whitley mag

For me this is the biggest game for a long time, I would absolutely love to beat these tomorrow, its a massive task and I love the way they play but Klopps ego is so big now and he's that used to winning that he's becoming unbearable 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

And the final 2 sentences are the reason I’ve never been as excited for the future of this football cub. Finally we have owners who want us to be the very best and we won’t roll over for anyone ever again. Newcastle are on the way back and where going to be fucking massive

Even if we get humped on Saturday, where coming for these plastic scouse cunts in the very near future.

I think plastic is the last term I’d use for Liverpool 

22 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Likewise tbh, lots of things to take the piss about but I wouldn't have started with their matchgoing fans like.

3 hours ago, Andy84 said:

There's a split like. The vast majority of Liverpool fans I know are 100% plastic. Match going ones  probably not on the whole but living in the North East from the 70s to now they were by far the biggest after NUFC up here and SAFC round their way.

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

I don't think I've felt as confident before a game in years.

We'll put in a good performance and will be good for a draw imo.

I think we will play well, we will look like a team that knows what it is doing.

Any points will be a real bonus from this match though, this season.

They are streets ahead of all other PL Teams apart from Man City.

In the future we can expect to take them, but probably not this season.

Think the best we can hope for is the Chelsea performance and a Liverpool off day. And if that happens, there's still Marriner and Mike Dean on VAR, and we all know what happened at Stamford Bridge, or what happened a couple seasons back in very similar circumstances with Fabinho's dive when we threatened to upset the script against these. It'll take something incredible to get a result against not only a far better team, but knowing also that the league and its paymasters will be devastated if we get a result here. We have to be realistic about that. At least we can enjoy these games without pressure.

Whatever nonsense happens here, I hope we can continue with another positive performance. Our record against the top 6 isn't great this season, but I hope this is more Chelsea away than Spurs home. If they end up getting a decision then there's nothing you can do.

Would absolutely love it if we manage to shut Liverpool down and frustrate them to a 0-0 draw. If we score an early goal first, similarly to against Tottenham, or Liverpool take the lead I think we'll struggle.

Always hard to judge. We might score early and that just pisses liverpool off. They are always a team that grows into the game and have incredible stamina to dig deep and push more than most teams in the league in the second half. We have improved out fitness and stamina no end but I can't see anything other than a comfortable loss, unless liverpool have a very rare off day for 90 ish minutes.

I do think we will be up for it and give our all but we have too many mistakes in us, especially at the back. 

I have to say that Luiz Diaz is absolutely class - endless energy, pacy, works his bollocks off with and without the ball, incredible movement in attacking areas and has a brilliant shot technique. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I have to say that Luiz Diaz is absolutely class - endless energy, pacy, works his bollocks off with and without the ball, incredible movement in attacking areas and has a brilliant shot technique. 

Aye, he seems the perfect fit for LFC!

1 hour ago, ohmelads said:

Think the best we can hope for is the Chelsea performance and a Liverpool off day. And if that happens, there's still Marriner and Mike Dean on VAR, and we all know what happened at Stamford Bridge, or what happened a couple seasons back in very similar circumstances with Fabinho's dive when we threatened to upset the script against these. It'll take something incredible to get a result against not only a far better team, but knowing also that the league and its paymasters will be devastated if we get a result here. We have to be realistic about that. At least we can enjoy these games without pressure.

Whatever nonsense happens here, I hope we can continue with another positive performance. Our record against the top 6 isn't great this season, but I hope this is more Chelsea away than Spurs home. If they end up getting a decision then there's nothing you can do.

Good to see you posting again ohmelads, when I joined up here many decades ago, you were one of the better posters who made an impression. You must be about 105 yrs old.