Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 22/05/22 @ 4pm (No UK TV)

Decky

Never been so excited for fucking Burnley away. 

Lads what a season. Been a pleasure enjoying it with you lot after all the shite we put up with.

Here's to next year:thup:

On 19/05/2022 at 22:21, Paullow said:

Wow, that's absolutely ridiculous. Crazy decision. I'd almost laugh that 5-0 1-0 scenario did happen.

Think watching Leeds go down is the bigger story so that’s why it’ll be on sky just incase 

3 hours ago, Peppe said:

Do you think we (our fans in the stadium) will mock and jeer their fans if we win and Burnley goes down? À la Villa when we went down. 

I hope we don't. Burnley is one of the few teams I don't really have a problem with in the Premier League :)

Not as much as Villa did but Burnley aren't the size of us. If we were playing a Villa, Spurs or Everton would we go at it a bit more, yeah we would.

Edited by madras

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Can't see us not winning tbh. Think it'll be either a tight 1-2 or we'll dish out a pasting, say a 0-3 or 1-4. 

We should have beaten Arsenal by 4 and it would not have flattered us, we've owed someone a dishing since January, feels like we've been building up to it.

Just now, Mattoon said:

We should have beaten Arsenal by 4 and it would not have flattered us, we've owed someone a dishing since January, feels like we've been building up to it.

Just depends how much they want it really.

There’s just the right amount of shithousery within our squad that they’ll be going for the kill from the start, Wilson will not give a fuck who he relegates as long as he’s on scoresheet.

I think even with our manager, if levels drop off he won’t be massively impressed.

15 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

Only 25 days after today before next season's fixtures are released... about 54 days after that until the first game. It'll fly by! 

For once in I don't know how long, it's going to be a brutal wait.

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Think watching Leeds go down is the bigger story so that’s why it’ll be on sky just incase 

I guess, and there'll obviously be people making decisions that know their audience far more than me, but Leeds are expected to go down, there's no real novelty factor considering they've had 17 of the last 19 years outside the top flight, they are 1/3 to go down at most places, it won't be a shock - they could even win 8-0 today and it won't mean anything if we're 2-0 down early on and down to 10 men, it'll just be a pointless exercise. I'd always put the team with it in their hands on, even if it was Burnley vs Watford / Norwich (without the additional Newcastle viewers). A team fighting to secure their survival, at home, with it in their own hands, is surely enough to grab ratings.

Edited by Paullow

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

For once in I don't know how long, it's going to be a brutal wait.

:lol: This is usually how it feels before the window opens in FM. To feel this in real life is unprecedented.

Only just realised/remembered Eddie is an ex Burnley manager. Hopefully we've got a plan for full time in case of lunatics.

Can't see anything other than a professional display from us today. 

Edited by Sean