Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

36 minutes ago, TRon said:

One of the Youtube vloggers saying the reason clubs have been hesitant to trigger Cornet's release contract is he has some muscle tissue ptoblems which makes him prone to injuries if he plays 90 mins. No idea if this is true, but he was out for long periods last season.

Is it not because with a release clause you’ve got to pay the fee all in one go? It can’t be spread per year.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently the lads at the True Faith event tonight said that we only have around £20 million left for up front payments during this transfer window. Any other cash will be structures deals or add ons.

And they know this how? (Certainly not Howe).

£20m may well get us Maddisons kneecap using Rodgers calculations. Baffles me why people say these things, do they think people will belive them blindly? I certainly don't. Opinions are all well and good but don't pass them off as facts.

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

£20m may well get us Maddisons kneecap using Rodgers calculations. Baffles me why people say these things, do they think people will belive them blindly? I certainly don't. Opinions are all well and good but don't pass them off as facts.

Don't they just mean we can pay £20m now. IE we could sign Maddison for 60m splitting it over 4 years and that would only require £15m right now? 

I'm convinced if the right player becomes available for a good price the money will be put up, it looks like the professionals that own us know how to negotiate and won't be ripped off 

5 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Don't they just mean we can pay £20m now. IE we could sign Maddison for 60m splitting it over 4 years and that would only require £15m right now? 

This is basically what they were saying as for as I was aware. 

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Apparently the lads at the True Faith event tonight said that we only have around £20 million left for up front payments during this transfer window. Any other cash will be structures deals or add ons.

Didn't we just take an advance of £100m or so from HSBC to help facilitate cashflow? Or is it only confiscated Russian billions which is deemed legit spending money for London clubs?

If it is true and we only have £20m upfront 

it makes sense why we are struggling in the market 

however it doesn’t make sense in regards to ……..how have we only got that ??

We spent £3m on pope? 
Targett ?? Not sure …it could be a similar instalment arrangement 

Botman - £35m , could be covered by our short sleeve payments each year ? If 7m is true x 5 years ?

maybe we do have 50m per window and we overspent in January to stay up?

No idea ? 

As mentioned a few times , we just have to get on with it and trust the process 

The proof will be in the pudding.

I still think we will get 2 players in to improve is , whatever the price maybe ….it doesn’t really matter.

It only matters what we do on the pitch and we can all judge that. 

if we kick on ….the transfer policy is correct 

if we don’t ….it needs recalculating.

It appears we are making strides forward off the pitch which wouldn’t make sense if we don’t follow suit on the pitch. 

It’s not always the best players that do well on the pitch it’s the best teams. Let’s hope we have one of the best teams !

Can’t wait for tomorrow ????

8 hours ago, The Prophet said:

No wonder we are struggling to do deals then. Can’t see any club going for that for top players. Makes the loan market even more vital now.

So predictable that the “I want it now” brats would be hoying toys out of prams over the transfer window. Despite the owners strategy being widely publicised.  

investment. Patience. Time 

Little bit on Harrison.

”As for Jack Harrison to Newcastle United, Radrizzani kills the link stone-dead. “Absolutely not,” he says. “There is no way. Jack stays here.””