Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes, I never said it hasn't worked. I just said we need to stop doing that going forward. People took that as severe criticism of Dan Burn.

It's not that it's criticism or Burn, it's just a weird way of looking at his signing. He improves our squad depth immeasurably in a position we were very poor in with not much room for growth - this applies both before and after Botman.

Woosh...bloody hell another day gone, where does the time go? Oh yeah, it was spent going round in circles for the umpteenth day in a row with TCD. The club finds itself in that tricky position of making that leap to top 8, but not having the revenue/sponsorship/squad resale value to make the leap so we're being smart in the transfer market.

Everyone has made some good points, i'm as anxious as anyone for new signings to bolster the front line, basically it comes down to trust. I trust the key people to get there, even if it's later than we'd all prefer.

36 minutes ago, KaKa said:

No he was not.

He was a temporary fix that would then ultimately replace Clarke once Botman was brought in.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Clarke

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Clarke's

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL5KdIaXCtsHWSjLMziGy

@Tomato Deuce "once  Botman was brought in". If Botman was in from January as we intended.. do we need a temporary fix?

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's not that it's criticism or Burn, it's just a weird way of looking at his signing. He improves our squad depth immeasurably in a position we were very poor in with not much room for growth - this applies both before and after Botman.

I'm talking from a strategic perspective. You realise he and Wood are the same type of signing strategically? Brought in to keep us up. Proven lower midtable performer.

It was fine then. But going forward - we won't be doing that as part of our transfer strategy. 

On 09/08/2022 at 13:57, Joey47 said:

I think it's just a simple one. Pa-ke-ta.

Although this is based on how it would be pronounced in Spanish.

@Flip @JNK 

Let's ask the Brazilians.[emoji38]

You sir are right.

Btw thank you, This page of this topic discussing pronunciaton made me laugh.

Bonus tip. Joelinton should sound about the same as Joelington, it's the same name, just the brasilianized version. You guys would not believe how many "Uóxiton"(whasington) and co. we have in brazil [emoji38]

I talked about vitor roque in this thread last week and yesterday he scoread the goal that put the team to the semi-finals of the copa libertadores.

17years old and 12 goals as a pro  (he's the 2005 born player with most goals in the world already) , this kid is insane! 

Edited by JNK

Just now, The College Dropout said:

@Tomato Deuce "once  Botman was brought in". If Botman was in from January as we intended.. do we need a temporary fix?

I'm talking from a strategic perspective. You realise he and Wood are the same type of signing strategically? Brought in to keep us up. Proven lower midtable performer.

It was fine then. But going forward - we won't be doing that as part of our transfer strategy. 

Yeah we won't. So what is it you have a problem with?

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Fair point, and at the time thank goodness we signed them both.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 minutes ago, JNK said:

You sir are right.

Btw thank you, This page of this topic discussing pronunciaton made me laugh.

Bonus tip. Joelinton should sound about the same as Joelington, it's the same name, just the brasilianized version. You guys would not believe how many "Uóxiton"(whasington) and co. we have in brazil [emoji38]

I talked about vitor roque in this thread last week and yesterday he scoread the goals that put the team to the semi-finals of the copa libertadores.

17years old and 12 goals as a pro already (he's the 2005 born player with most goals in the world already) , this kid is insane! 

I'm sure someone said there are big regional variations in Brazil and he would pronounce his name differently to most of Brazil.

Like Jude Bellingham if he came from up here.

26 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This is not some big swipe at beloved Dan Burn.

Just simply. As of summer 22 we aren't looking to sign players for the short-term in age and ability with low resale value. Because it chips away at FFP.

Also, however you look at it. I am right, Dan Burn was a Plan B at best. We went back for Plan A and got him.

We now have tremendous depth and ability at CB... and little depth and ability in attacking positions. With cost/FFP being part of the reason we don't have players in place already.

We haven't signed any players so far who haven't gone straight into the XI (after some bedding in). We wouldn't have signed beloved Dan if Botman came earlier.

@KaKa is another one who loves to comment and contradict my posts. He's being slow and i've work to do. THINK KAKA - THINK.

Fuck off with the sarcasm mate and find some way of talking about Newcastle United with a modicum of footballing knowledge?

Although I like Almiron, and am willing him to shine this season, i think we can compare the attempt to improve upon him to the Burn/Botman transfer.

Almiron is probably the weakest link in our team [I'd say Willock or whoever plays that role, but they also have the chance this season], but more importantly, his back up [Murphy] is the weakest link in our reserves. 

Therefore getting an affordable improvement, like Burn, to take the role for a year before stepping aside isn't so crazy. A loan might be the best option as Almiron would be adequate cover.

Just now, MickQuinnsTache said:

The Longer that time goes on and nothing concrete materialises the more im convinced we are done for business. This will make it a very very underwelming transfer window as i fear we wont have made any ground on the teams we are aiming to catch and we until we take that step we will stagnate as a mid table team

We may have to just be prepared to have a few years in transition until decent sponsorship and commercial revenue rolls in. My fear is if that is the case then the likes of Bruno will not be our player for long if we cant provide him the platform he deserves to play on

You guys that are always convinced of the worst and fearful of everything going wrong always sound so similar. It's like the same person is writing all these posts. It's so eerie.

We're done for business. We 'll be a midtable team. We're going to lose Bruno. Crikey!

1 minute ago, MickQuinnsTache said:

The Longer that time goes on and nothing concrete materialises the more im convinced we are done for business. This will make it a very very underwelming transfer window as i fear we wont have made any ground on the teams we are aiming to catch and we until we take that step we will stagnate as a mid table team

We may have to just be prepared to have a few years in transition until decent sponsorship and commercial revenue rolls in. My fear is if that is the case then the likes of Bruno will not be our player for long if we cant provide him the platform he deserves to play on

Fuck that........did you even see how we played last week ? We were miles ahead of Forest and I think it will be a cracking game tomorrow, we are absolutely light years ahead of where we were last season and I can't wait for every game ...win ....lose ....or draw, under Howe we give every team a game.

The fact we haven't made Hollywood transfers on more money a week than a normal bloke in Newcastle makes in 10 years makes me happy.

For the first time in years I can name you two teams out of our current squad that I'm happy with, some people have short memory's and are never happy.

Very underwhelming.........fuck off.

It's some weird form of virtual signalling. What they do is predict an impending doom or worst case scenario, so that they can come back and say "I told you so", if it happens. They rarely celebrate any sort of success, in fact, when there is success they say things like "it will be harder next year". 

It's this false idea that the most negative person in a room is the "realist" or just "calling a spade a spade", trying to play the role of the cautious wise owl.

In reality they just get a real kick from pissing on peoples chips or casting a shadow over people's positivity.

This is football, half the fucking league is fantasising on when it might be "their turn". For once it might actually be ours, so for once can we assume the club is doing the right thing and that the future is bright instead of pouring cold water over peoples hopes and dreams. [emoji38]

I don't care if the pessimism turns out to be true. Just let me bathe in this fantasy of lies just a wee while longer because it feels so glorious.

You could go into any thread on this forum and start writing negative things, watch:

Pope: No better than Dubravka

Wilson: Crock

Eddie Howe: Unproven at the top level

Ramos: Won't happen, he's shit anyway

Plane Spotting: Bunch of nerdy virgins with nowt better to do

You see, it's dead easy and the bottom one is only partially true [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, STM said:

It's some weird form of virtual signalling. What they do is predict an impending doom or worst case scenario, so that they can come back and say "I told you so", if it happens. They rarely celebrate any sort of success, in fact, when there is success they say things like "it will be harder next year". 

It's this false idea that the most negative person in a room is the "realist" or just "calling a spade a spade", trying to play the role of the cautious wise owl.

In reality they just get a real kick from pissing on peoples chips or casting a shadow over people's positivity.

This is football, half the fucking league is fantasising on when it might be "their turn". For once it might actually be ours, so for once can we assume the club is doing the right thing and that the future is bright instead of pouring cold water over peoples hopes and dreams. [emoji38]

I don't care if the pessimism turns out to be true. Just let me bathe in this fantasy of lies just a wee while longer because it feels so glorious.

I can't understand how some folks can't just enjoy the moment and the journey to becoming a fully viable club again. Instead they've found something new to worry about already i.e. not getting top 6 quickly enough and upsetting Bruno! My God guys ... chill out :lol: 

Regarding the transfers, I would even understand it a tiny bit if the window had closed, but it hasn't and the manager and everyone at the club has said we're still trying to do business. But no, it wasn't all done before pre season, like everyone else in football has clearly managed, and so we're just winging it and don't know who to target or how much to pay ... and on and on and on. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

You could go into any thread on this forum and start writing negative things, watch:

Pope: No better than Dubravka

Wilson: Crock

Eddie Howe: Unproven at the top level

Ramos: Won't happen, he's shit anyway

Plane Spotting: Bunch of nerdy virgins with nowt better to do

You see, it's dead easy and the bottom one is only partially true [emoji38]

I have a lot of better things to do I’ll have you know