Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, Rich said:

We back to worrying about selling our best players now, aye? Class.

grief junkies

Under Ashley I would worry about selling our best players because that meant another nail in the relegation-coffin.

I am not too worried now. Money talks, bigger clubs and all that. It's perfectly fine.

What WILL make us amongst the best and attractive clubs is having professional people in every level of the club. 

I trust they know what they're doing. I mean, we had Mike f'ing Ashley...

If we get CL and remain strong competitors in other comps that will attract top players and make our best players want to stay. 

Just now, maze said:

Under Ashley I would worry about selling our best players because that meant another nail in the relegation-coffin.

I am not too worried now. Money talks, bigger clubs and all that. It's perfectly fine.

What WILL make us amongst the best and attractive clubs is having professional people in every level of the club. 

I trust they know what they're doing. I mean, we had Mike f'ing Ashley...

If we get CL and remain strong competitors in other comps that will attract top players and make our best players want to stay. 

Some quality players have already shown and will show the desire to be part of this journey we’re on. Eddie Howe’s coaching masterclass alone must factor for any bright talent with integrity. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Some quality players have already shown and will show the desire to be part of this journey we’re on. Eddie Howe’s coaching masterclass alone must factor for any bright talent with integrity. 

Most certainly. I think many will commit.  Continuity is key. 

There’s only a handful a clubs that could tempt players the club want to keep - as opposed to players the club would be happy to sell at the right price (E.g. Shelvey wasn’t for sale but at the right price for him and the club he left).

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and maybe Bayern/PSG and that’s about it.

If Newcastle are in the CL why would anyone go to Liverpool?!?

3 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

There’s only a handful a clubs that could tempt players the club want to keep - as opposed to players the club would be happy to sell at the right price (E.g. Shelvey wasn’t for sale but at the right price for him and the club he left).

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and maybe Bayern/PSG and that’s about it.

If Newcastle are in the CL why would anyone go to Liverpool?!?

Depends on the priorities of the player and how influenced he is by his agent etc- if he’s purely after money, then he’ll go to Liverpool over us as they pay more. (Granted, if a player is that way inclined, I’d hazard a guess we wouldn’t be interested in him anyway). 

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

If it is between us and Chelsea, we got this in the bag. No player that actually wants to have a career would move to that shitshow of a club right now

9 year contract on 200k per week is attractive.

Can he play RW does anyone know? Only ever seen him play left. I'd fucking love him here but him, Maxi and Gordon would be a lot of potential first teamers who's best position is LW. Unless we can get right and/or left out of most of them. Out of adding to Gordon & Maxi or Almiron & Murphy I'd choose the latter, as impressive as those 2 have been.

EDIT: And Joe

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

He looks like he has potential but tbh I expect a bigger signing that can come in and be a proper purple straight away. I’d take him alongside someone like Diaby (they’re both LW though?), but I think we would only get 2 if St Maximin leaves.

Edited by Kimbo

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Yes please

it’s a massive yes for me too - yesterday was the perfect illustration that we need another forward - the more options the better 

plus this guy is freakin good and another Brazilian 

He has even said that he wants to follow in the footsteps of Bruno and that he is inspired by him. Bruno was even on the phone to him before one of their games a while ago he said. Not that they are best mates or anything but still. Think we would be a good move for him. Hope it happens. Wears the 39 too I think.

Edited by Ikon

11 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He has even said that he wants to follow in the footsteps of Bruno and that he is inspired by him. Bruno was even on the phone to him before one of their games a while ago he said. Not that they are best mates or anything but still. Think we would be a good move for him. Hope it happens. Wears the 39 too I think.

He’s also said he wants to join Barca. Guess it depends if they can sell players, and how we sell our club to him. Hope we can get him though- seems a great talent. 

“Roque himself has now spoken on the speculation. In an interview with Sport, the 18-year-old admitted his desire to join Barcelona in the summer.

“It is a dream (to join Barcelona). Not only of mine, but also of any player who plays. If it materialises that I end up going to Barca, it will be a great joy for my family and for me. Therefore, I have to continue working hard and hope that everything will materialise.””

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/02/28/barcelona-wonderkid-target-confirms-his-desire-to-join-this-summer