Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, mondonewc said:

Debate is good for sure, merits to who we should sign etc, but 10+ pages of arguing about signing Messi or 30 pages about how shit McTominey is or umpteen pages about some bullshit story thats clearly clickbait such as our budget being 75m are just a few examples that I was referring to. 

I'm obviously not a regular here and not personally targeting anyone, I dont know anyone here to have any bias and everyone's free to post whatever they want, just sharing my own perspective from someone who spends majority of my time on this forum on this specific thread to find out info others have and find out more about players I dont know so much about, and maybe even make a post or two of value myself (First one will be provided soon hopefully :))

I agree that some lack faith in the club and their transfer policy, but it comes with the territory.

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

I can't remember too many times Burn has been torn apart defensively?

Agree we need an attacking upgrade but definitely think he has a role to play throughout the season

He defo contributed to our strong defensive record.

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Would be nice for sure, but it’s a tricky sell when you’ve got two in great form. 

I was thinking a young understudy. Shouldn’t be too hard of a sell when you consider we Wilson who is almost guaranteed to miss games plus the fact we have champions league and a highly rated manager.

I really hope Ashby is decent cover for Trippier but no one really knows. Trippier is an instrumental player to our style and replacing him with Krafth or Ashby would be terrifying but no doubt Howe has a plan for that if/when Trippier gets injured. At least we have two decent proven options at LB but if Trippier goes down we are relying on a youngster that has never played or a not so talented player coming off a bad injury and asking them to replace one of the most important players in the squad.

It's a tricky situation as it's hard to sign anyone good and proven to sit behind Trippier and it all comes back to Ashby hopefully being decent.

Re Ashby, I've got him built up in my mind due to a Hammers supporting mate who was gutted we got him and had been going mad at Moyes for not using him. It was echoed through a few Hammers accounts when he signed.

Edited by madras

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Re Ashby, I've got him built up in my mind due to a Hammers supporting mate who was gutted we got him and had been going mad at Moyes for not using him. It was echoed through a few Hammers accounts when he signed.

Makes me wonder why he couldn't get on the bench ahead of Manquillo