Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

We're playing 4-3-3 with four fit midfielders and about to sell Joelinton, the one who also covers LW, aye, what complete bollocks!

With Shelvey out long term and Anderson (not Top 4 PL ready) going out on loan, and us challenging on three fronts, we need to buy a mid with some urgency.

Tielemans would do, but the time to sign him is Jan 31 when the price hits rock bottom. We do have some leverage in Dubs, who Leicester need.

2 hours ago, BonesJones said:

Getting players to leave is our issue now. Id be clinging on for dear life even as a fringe player.

Plenty of players want to play football rather than sit on the bench. You see it at every club, even the ones at the top end of the table.

Fraser, Ritchie and Dubravka are three that come to mind, I've no doubt they will jump at the chance if a decent offer comes in that means they'll get a shot at playing every week. 

I reckon Wood, Murphy and Lewis need to leave in the summer but are going to be difficult to shift, all for differing reasons.

Edited by Mazzy

Putting that Joelinton "rumour" into context again - the content of that article is merely Didi Hammann saying "That Joelinton from Newcastle is mint. Liverpool should sign him." Nothing else to it. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

12 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Aye he looks class, looks like he has the technical ability to be the best right back in the world tbh and we should sign but I think we'll need to bed him in over  along period of time.  I like the way the defence is at present, we just need more threat going forwards, her would offer that but I don't think we should mess with our backline, a winger or 2 and a CM and we'll definitely finish top 4.

He didn't look to me like an 18 year old who has only played a handful of first team games. The period of bedding in might be quite short.

3 hours ago, maze said:

I thought Klopp could not compete with us, but suddenly he’d found piles of cash to buy one of ours...?:dontknow:

What’s Joe’s market value now?

He isn’t trying to buy one of ours. The long and short of the story is Hammann is saying Liverpool should sign him 

18 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

100% no point making small upgrades in a key position, on the same note though we will need to keep longstaff around for next few seasons until we get some home grown players through for European competition rules.

Longstaff is a great squad player, I don't have any desire to see him leave. He's lacking in genuine midfield touch and flair, but he's got a great work ethic and has played a big part in keeping us hard to beat. We just need a top quality replacement to be starting ahead of him to take us to the next level.

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

Longstaff is a great squad player, I don't have any desire to see him leave. He's lacking in genuine midfield touch and flair, but he's got a great work ethic and has played a big part in keeping us hard to beat. We just need a top quality replacement to be starting ahead of him to take us to the next level.

Yep, Longstaff should be in the squad for a good few season to come. Partly because he would be a great depth option when we do bring in a better player ahead of him, and partly because of his home grown status, which is going to be increasingly important if/when we are qualifying for European competition consistently. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Yep, Longstaff should be in the squad for a good few season to come. Partly because he would be a great depth option when we do bring in a better player ahead of him, and partly because of his home grown status, which is going to be increasingly important if/when we are qualifying for European competition consistently. 

I think he's just a good nuts and bolts player, probably similar to McTominay for Man U. Not going to be good enough starting week in week out, but can definitely come in and do a sterling job when required.

Same goes for Willock who is a player I really like, and is still only 23. He's a player still improving, but isn't quite ready to be our go to midfielder in that position IMO.

17 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Daily Express (I know) running a story saying Joelinton to Liverpool based purely on Dietmar Hamman saying Liverpool could use him in January as their other targets aren't available until summer. Nee chance.

Screenshot_20230104_191640_Chrome.jpg

He's just as influential as Bruno for me. His presence is seriously felt when he's not playing/next to Bruno.

Has to be him and Bruno that we build around.

On 03/01/2023 at 18:53, Shak said:

It was a genuine compliment.

Lots of fresh young lasses out there, would be easy to cast aside a long term committment for one of them and he hasn't done so.

Respect.

I feel like I'm two years away from Kelly Brooke considering a DM.