Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Always thought it was a bit odd how he went from one of the greatest ever teenage sensations the league has ever seen (according to every commentator each time he played - "Wow, it's easy to forget he's only 19 LOLOLOL!!!!!1111") to almost immediately being dropped and banished forever.

He must have done something to someone.

14 hours ago, madras said:

I thought similar about Botman. Whenever I watched him for Lille he loved a push.

Its funny with Botman, everyone said he would give away a million fouls a game as you cant get away with that in the PL, but at the same time we say strikers cant handle the physicality of the PL when they get kicked to fuck in other leagues.

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

Its funny with Botman, everyone said he would give away a million fouls a game as you cant get away with that in the PL, but at the same time we say strikers cant handle the physicality of the PL when they get kicked to fuck in other leagues.

There's being outmuscled and basic pushing. 

Edited by madras

Linked with him in the past. 

Controversial but I’d rather him than Madison. It’d allow Bruno a more advanced role. A midfield if Joelinton, Neves and Bruno would be devastating. 

I always presumed it would be:

Quality ready made DM + Young exciting attacking mid.

Or

Young exciting DM + Quality ready made attacking mid.

Probably spunk 40m one and 20m on the other.

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Tierney, Neves, Thuram/Diaby & Maddison for the first-team.

Up and coming centre-back and forward to fill the squad out and aim to take the likes of Schar and Wilson's place in the side and bench within a year or two. 

Not sure I want Tierney, I dont think hes tactically flexible which I think Howe will want, he cant really invert and cant play CB so we would be changing our system. I think we need an Ake type.

16 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Unless he's improved shit loads since he was playing for Arsenal its a solid no from me. 

That's my impression as well. Always looked like he was nearly a good player, but somehow always falling short of producing anything of any real note. Just ran around a lot with big hair from what I could tell.

36 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Is Neves still any good? Barely seem him these last two seasons.

I think he's decent on the ball, but doesn't look particularly mobile, so not sure if he's a good fit for us.

But if you put Bruno and Neves + Longstaff then you do have pace and energy in the middle. Or even Joelinton or Willock.

If what is being said, is that we need someone who is not only an absolute baller but also has the engine of Mo Farah/Usain Bolt, we might be disappointed.

Can't remember ever thinking Casemiro or Rodri were particularly pacey/energetic players, although I don't know the stats on that.

Give me Neves and Bruno and let's see how many teams can get the ball off us, let's dominate games and cut team apart.

2 hours ago, TRC said:

Not sure I want Tierney, I dont think hes tactically flexible which I think Howe will want, he cant really invert and cant play CB so we would be changing our system. I think we need an Ake type.

Think he's played LB, RB and left-sided centre back in a 3 for Scotland?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, TRC said:

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think he's played LB, RB and left-sided centre back in a 3 for Scotland?

He does play as the left sided centre back for Scotland and has done for a while now.  When Arteta was playing with a back 3 he was also used in that position there and is/was used as an overlapping wide centre back.

His injuries are a concern but if Howe is looking for a Burn replacement, in that he wants a left back that can tuck in when Trippier bombs forward, he is actually an ideal replacement as he has both the defensive attributes whilst being a far better attacking option than Burn when allowed to get forward.

48 minutes ago, STM said:

But if you put Bruno and Neves + Longstaff then you do have pace and energy in the middle. Or even Joelinton or Willock.

If what is being said, is that we need someone who is not only an absolute baller but also has the engine of Mo Farah/Usain Bolt, we might be disappointed.

Can't remember ever thinking Casemiro or Rodri were particularly pacey/energetic players, although I don't know the stats on that.

Give me Neves and Bruno and let's see how many teams can get the ball off us, let's dominate games and cut team apart.

Casemiro & Partey were noticeably athletic in Spain/Europe. Partey's press resistance was noticeable as was Casemiro's authority.

I never paid attention to Rodri tbf.

Tierney isn't highly rated by Arsenal fans. I don't want him either.

57 minutes ago, STM said:

That's fine when you have the ball, but it would be pretty difficult to press teams when you don't have it if you have too many players who can't close the space quickly enough.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Casemiro & Partey were noticeably athletic in Spain/Europe. Partey's press resistance was noticeable as was Casemiro's authority.

I never paid attention to Rodri tbf.

Tierney isn't highly rated by Arsenal fans. I don't want him either.

They were calling for him to replace Zinchenko a few weeks ago on Twitter and it seemed in the majority (not sure if that's just more damning about Zinchenko mind).