Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Let’s face it lads and lasses, he’s either Modric 2.0 or a Thauvin regen. Do we roll the dice?

Thauvin had obvious talent.  Would have been better being managed by Eddie rather than an absolute roaster like McClaren.

45 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Donny van de Beek is leaving Man Utd and has been linked with us in the Sun, who say we tried for him in Jan. We also looked at him in the first transfer window after the takeover. Also says that he is open to the move.

F7274383-038C-45CD-8FDD-9E8A4114DAF0.jpeg.a33fb798853a7ca665904c831188eb1d.jpeg

I actually thought Donny looked like a really good footballer a couple of seasons back. Couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t given more opportunities at Man U but I wouldn’t go anywhere near him right now. Eddie is a master of bringing out the best in people and developing them but we shouldn’t be looking to go with work-in-progress / failed potential players unless there’s a strong case for it and with Donny there’s no case whatsoever 

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

Thauvin had obvious talent.  Would have been better being managed by Eddie rather than an absolute roaster like McClaren.

It also helps when the player actually wants to be here.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

It also helps when the player actually wants to be here.

What was it about his banter Tuxedos with The Chancellor told you he didn't want to be here?

Most of that boils down to man management. Can't imagine McClaren being as personable as Howe.

Edited by Sima

9 minutes ago, Sima said:

What was it about his banter Tuxedos with The Chancellor told you he didn't want to be here?

Most of that boils down to man management. Can't imagine McClaren being as personable as Howe.

Thought it was fairly well known. He wasn't even supposed to sign for us in the first place as he had signed for Lille, but something weird happend where the transfer was cancelled, we came in and swooped him up instead.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/florian-thauvin-on-time-at-newcastle-i-thought-my-career-was-fued-22565986

I still can't believe the stupid career decisions players from that great Ajax team made. De Ligt going to freaking juventus instead of Barcelona, wtf was he thinking (that's what you get for listening to raiola). Van de Beek going to manure and Ziyech to chelsea and it turning out exactly how you'd expect. In fact, I struggle to understand why any player willingly goes to manure or chelsea (unless it's money you absolutely won't find anywhere else), it's career suicide in what have been obviously shitty situations due to how the teams are ran.

On 09/11/2022 at 11:22, arnonel said:

While we are looking at Velez, we should be looking at Gianluca Prestianni #JustSayin

Man, Gianluca Prestianni looks the business. His dribbling/control is insane

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Going back to Carlos Alcaraz, someone made a video of his performance again us in the cup at St Mary’s. This was 2 weeks after he joined.

You can see why Benfica might have wanted him to replace Enzo, he plays like a more mobile Bruno in the clips.

https://twitter.com/nufcgallowgate/status/1666143250598461441?s=46

Bring him home! :indi:

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'm refreshing twitter like a deranged schizophrenic hoping for some transfer news. I've not been this excited about a summer for a long long time.

Aye. This gap between our season ending, and all the European leagues and cup finals getting out the way has really dragged. Hoping things really start to heat up from next week. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I think we signed Targett, Pope and Botman in June 2022, so I'd be surprised if we aren't active relatively early. You know Eddie will want as many as possible in before pre-season too.

Something big breaking early will settle everyone down a bit too

31 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Going back to Carlos Alcaraz, someone made a video of his performance again us in the cup at St Mary’s. This was 2 weeks after he joined.

You can see why Benfica might have wanted him to replace Enzo, he plays like a more mobile Bruno in the clips.

https://twitter.com/nufcgallowgate/status/1666143250598461441?s=46

I'd take him like. Looks like a rich man's Mason Mount.

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

I actually thought Donny looked like a really good footballer a couple of seasons back. Couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t given more opportunities at Man U but I wouldn’t go anywhere near him right now. Eddie is a master of bringing out the best in people and developing them but we shouldn’t be looking to go with work-in-progress / failed potential players unless there’s a strong case for it and with Donny there’s no case whatsoever 

Was van der beek not at ajax when ten hag was? If so if ten hag would rather release him he must know he's a lost cause.