Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

8 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Craig Hope.

No idea how or why our transfer budget has managed to shrink so considerably given we've qualified for the CL and have a mammoth new shirt sponsor. But there we go Craig. 

Hopefully it's just a negotiation tool. I'm sure we said last year that our spending was over and the money was gone............then we found £63 million and bought Isak.

17 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Craig Hope.

No idea how or why our transfer budget has managed to shrink so considerably given we've qualified for the CL and have a mammoth new shirt sponsor. But there we go Craig. 

Still think Craig is bitter from being banned after his bust up with Bruce.

I'm guessing that's all resolved but he is definitely on the glass half empty when reporting on Newcastle 

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Still think Craig is bitter from being banned after his bust up with Bruce.

I'm guessing that's all resolved but he is definitely on the glass half empty when reporting on Newcastle 

Clicks v truth dilemma nowadays! Seeing as they know fuck all, or are fed scraps, clicks it is! 

46 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Argh. They're absolutely honking. 

I like a lot of it. The stuff when it is graphs that I need a degree to decipher. I just ignore it :lol: 

I do think analytics has jumped the shark, if that is even possible. Like desperate to use data over a really short space of time or using select stats to suit their argument. Seems like we have somehow gone too far into it and just ignored the eye test or the intangibles. 

I just see what goes on here sometimes so I might be underplaying his content, but Lawson doesn't go far enough with what he puts out imo. He seems to have access to good data but just makes a pie chart or a passing radar and calls it a day.

I brought it up the other week, but he made a small thread essentially just pointing out that we made dummy runs on a set piece against Brighton, it felt like it should have been a minor point as part of a larger analysis.

Does he not do fairly long threads now and then? Guessing they are trying to entice people into using Stats Bomb or whoever it is he works for now. To get more in depth stuff? I dunno. Never looked too far into it. 

2 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

Lascelles leaving would mean another CB would have to be bought, and probably for a lot more than the fee Lascelles would command, so it would have a negative impact on the other moves

i think it’s one for next year

Thank god this isn’t how transfers work. 

3 hours ago, WilliamPS said:

I know the club want a RCB, I just think the hierarchy will rightly view it as one that can wait, too many other priorities

"Rightly" is purely your opinion.

Edited by madras

I don’t think they will wait for the RCB, we have been lucky that we have been able to field a consistent defence all season but an injury to Schar will cause us major problems.

We need depth at RCB every bit as much as we need cover for Bruno in my opinion.

17 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Are you talking about Rodrigo at Leeds? He's hardly youthful, he's 32 

Is he?! 😆 🤦‍♂️ Looked young and still very nippy. Explains the £3m release clause I guess.

7 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

We should really break the ban for Bowen and Rice. I’d love to see how much Howe could improve them. 

Don’t know if Bowen has been linked, and now he is an all time WH legend it may decrease likelihood of a move, but I really think he could be immense for us and regardless of recent events, surely must be more within our reach than Rice  

14 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Don’t know if Bowen has been linked, and now he is an all time WH legend it may decrease likelihood of a move, but I really think he could be immense for us and regardless of recent events, surely must be more within our reach than Rice  

Not going anywhere. Now a legend there and massive ties to Essex via Dyer & family.

27 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

We should really break the ban for Bowen and Rice. I’d love to see how much Howe could improve them. 

Bastards banned us ? What the fuck for ? That's total BS, it sucks.

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

And I thought my DadJokes were bad :lol:

I'm a dad, I don't want to do it but it's the law. If I miss an opportunity like that the authorities take the kids away.