Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Kompany has been at our last two matches... scouting someone? 

Trying to see someone like Targett? Anderson loan? (we might need him for home grown quota),Lascelles and Murphy were injured so surely can't be them?

It was reported he was just generally watching games but seems suss to me...

27 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Never trust the Turkish sports media, man. Every season they link us to some hyped Turkish player and it never happens.

Yes, this is true, but thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

The rumour popped up around March for the first time, when it was mentioned our scouts and Brighton scouts were at a match watching him and were very impressed. And the name has popped up again more recently with a fee mentioned.

Profile wise he seems to make sense and he also has Champions League experience, and so thought it was worth putting on here and discussing.

Lets see what happens.

3 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Winder if that’s why we’ve been linked with Guler. Media hearing were after someone from Fenwrbahce and assuming it must be Guler, when maybe it’s this lad.

Weren't the Guler rumours that we'd met with his parents in Dubai ?

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

70m euros release clause apparently. £61m.

It's a fair chunk of change for him, but it could be worth it due to his versatility.

In our system he could play on the left, right and in either of the number 8 slots.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, STM said:

After Monday night (touch wood), this shit is going into over drive.

Why wait until Monday, let’s start it tonight when Villa beat Liverpool.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

As someone who doesn’t watch the German league, can anyone explain why Leipzig have all of these highly rated players but are miles off winning the league?

Think Brighton.

56 minutes ago, STM said:

Kompany has been at our last two matches... scouting someone? 

Trying to see someone like Targett? Anderson loan? (we might need him for home grown quota),Lascelles and Murphy were injured so surely can't be them?

It was reported he was just generally watching games but seems suss to me...

Replacing Howe. Saudis want a bit more stardust in their management to help with marketing.

More seriously... I do think there could well be a surprise departure this summer. Probably among people who are 1) less than critical in terms of off field leadership, 2) whose value and profile is only likely to go down from here onwards, and 3) play in positions we're looking to adjust. I'm speaking aside from obvious possibilities like ASM.

In terms of who fits that profile that Burnley might bother to come and watch for two games in a row..... Schar? Almiron? ...Wilson?

It's a fair question. What would you do if a 30m bid came in for Wilson, 25m for Miggy, 25m for Schar.

I know we don't need to sell players, nor do I want to.... I would like to see the debate opened up.

Ideally I don't want any of our key contributors from this year sold - they all deserve a chance to savour Europe and I want to see them given it. Think how much so many of them have improved - what's to say that exposure to (hopefully) elite level Euro football won't give them the platform to improve further?

3 minutes ago, STM said:

It's a fair question. What would you do if a 30m bid came in for Wilson, 25m for Miggy, 25m for Schar.

I know we don't need to sell players, nor do I want to.... I would like to see the debate opened up.

It’s an interesting question, the bigger issue is these days those fees aren’t much although all of those players are fully a mortised so great for the old FFP. 

I’m certain Cal would have no shortage of takers. 

Does the 'Bundesliga attacking stats multiplier' still apply with this lad btw? Honestly haven't seen too much of him, couple of Internationals an the odd RB game here and there.