Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aye Maddison as 40 million is a good price, if we don’t go for that then we clearly have other priorities like Szoboszlai.

Maddison and Szoboszlai would be a similar combination to that of Man City with David Silva and Nasri. The focus will not be on running around, as it is now with Almirón and Joelinton, but on more sophisticated passes and tiki-taka. I think you can put the two on the same team.

Just now, cranna said:

Maddison and Szoboszlai would be a similar combination to that of Man City with David Silva and Nasri. The focus will not be on running around, as it is now with Almirón and Joelinton, but on more sophisticated passes and tiki-taka. I think you can put the two on the same team.

Yeah get both for me! 

Pep is pumping the ball long to Haaland and having his midfielders win second-balls. Tiki-taka is dead.

Joking aside.

What I've learnt about Howe is... his plan B is doing plan A better. I expect his preference is to sign players that can slot in and play the way we do now.. just at a higher level. A lot of pressing and hard running.

Conversely though.. the best signings this year were opportunistic (Pope) and a slightly more technical profile with physical potential to play in the Howe way (Isak, Botman).

I agree, I don't think we're going to change the way we play much at all. A huge part of our game will still be predicated on "running around." It's why (a fit) Gordon is going to be a big part of our plans.

I think we’ll have a summer window here that brings Martin Samuel’s recent article to the surface. The cartel going mad whilst we adhere to FFP as carefully as we can. Sick of seeing / hearing about it. 

2 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

I think we’ll have a summer window here that brings Martin Samuel’s recent article to the surface. The cartel going mad whilst we adhere to FFP as carefully as we can. Sick of seeing / hearing about it. 

The cartel can afford to go mad under FFP.

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/philipphinze24/status/1665762908012257280

Dominik #Szoboszlai publicly flirted with a transfer last week.

@NUFC

would like to negotiate down the €70m clause. Magpies can spend around €150m on transfers this summer. Potential transfer income included. Financial fair play must be taken into account.

@SkySportDE

Right on cue.

Potential transfer income included in the 150m? How do they know who we’re selling and how much we’ll be getting from them? Nonsense.

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Out of interest, has anyone credible other than Sky Germany reported interest in Szoboszlai?

The player himself liked our instagram photo after defeating Brighton 4-1. That’s a very promising source if you ask me. Botman liked our Instagram post when he was still a Lille supporter player. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/philipphinze24/status/1665762908012257280

Dominik #Szoboszlai publicly flirted with a transfer last week.

@NUFC

would like to negotiate down the €70m clause. Magpies can spend around €150m on transfers this summer. Potential transfer income included. Financial fair play must be taken into account.

@SkySportDE

Right on cue.

I don't believe it. Even Nottingham Forest can spend €150m, any figure below £200m will be a big mistake and a missed opportunity to establish the club in the top 4 right now, not later.

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

When someone says to me, would you rather spend 40m on McTominay or 40m on Lavia my answer is always the same: they're not mutually exclusive 

True but a bit of a let down if our two CMs are Lavia and McTominay when there has been so much talk about Szoboszla and Maddison (not to mention Ugarte, Thuram, and even Mac Allister). City have a match any offer and a buyout back for '24 for Lavia. 

8 minutes ago, cranna said:

I don't believe it. Even Nottingham Forest can spend €150m, any figure below £200m will be a big mistake and a missed opportunity to establish the club in the top 4 right now, not later.

The problem is forest had to go crackers as most there team was made up with loans. So they were depleted massively hence the splurge. 

15 minutes ago, cranna said:

...and we know a thing or two about missed opportunities around here.