Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Didn’t we used to have more trophies than Liverpool pre 1974?

Yeap.

When we won our last domestic trophy in 1955 we were very high in most successful teams.

I never understood the logic behind the original change to begin with all it seemed designed to do is raise prices as clubs have much less time to sort transfers post a world cup/euros etc

The logic was pretty simple to understand and sensible. It was to stop the season starting whilst players were refusing to play to get moves or feigning injury etc. Clubs have months to buy who they want. Personally think there should be no January transfer window and the manager you start the season with you retain until season ends.

It would only have been logical if the rest of Europe dropped everything just to fall in line with the Premier League. Given most leagues are up and running late August, end of August is the sensible date.

Move our season back a few weeks then. Window needs to be shut before the season starts.

Newcastle

Roma

Bayern Munich

Barcelona

Benfica

Ajax

FC Tokyo

Man, the tough bit is when do you play for your own club? Do you give them your best years or the most money? Presuming they all have to be different:

Leyton Orient

Ajax

Spurs

Real Madrid

Barca (imagine how good you’d have to be to make that move)

Bayern Munich

Columbus Crew

Ajax

Newcastle

Barcelona

Dortmund

Napoli

U. Berlin

Boca

I dunno -feels like if you join Barca at 24 then Dortmund at 27 then you’ve probably not had a great three years.

What can I say? I peaked a little early  :lol:

Ajax - Great for youth development, and a good culture to live in.

Dortmund - The history of the club and the support.

Barcelona - Would love to live in the city and prefer the culture of the club over Real Madrid.

Juventus - Turin is a city with a great culture and you would never be short of trophies.

Newcastle - Home town club, would want to spend time with them while I still was good enough, but not during my best years as I'd want to win things :lol:

Brisbane Roar - Competitive league in a country I'd love to live in, club has is the most prestigious in Australia.

Seattle Sounders - City on the US Canada border, and would like to explore both areas in the tail end of my career.

Norwich (The biggest club near where I grew up)

Newcastle (fulfilled my dream)

Barcelona (Play for the best most 'footballing' club in the world)

Real Madrid (Join arguably the biggest club in the world - ala Figo!)

Newcastle (Still got a bit in the tank for my beloved)

Norwich (Clearly trying to rediscover my youth)

New York (Last pay day living a glamorous lifestyle)

Southampton - Great for youth development in UK and close-ish to  hometown in Cornwall (16-21)

Ajax - More development opportunities, and a cool city to live in (21-24)

Dortmund- Love their style of play,and would love to live in Germany and play in front of that Yellow Wall  (24-27)

Newcastle - Ashley has moved on, so time to achieve childhood dreams and ride a bike and eat apples and score at the Gallowgate end (27-30)

Werder Bremen - Back to Bundesliga and the Weserstrand (30-32)

Wisla Krakow - Pace is going, so moving on. One of my favourite cities in Europe. Still a little bit left in the legs. (32-34)

Plymouth Argyle - Tail end of my career - but chance to live back in Southwest (35)