Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

The whole Deportivo - Fuenlabrada fracas is getting nastier. Now it is confirmed that Fuenlabrada traveled to La Coruña knowing the risk - one of their players tested positive before the trip, and they failed to isolate the rest of the squad as close contacts. The regional authorities now want Fuenlabrada to comply with anti-Covid regulations, which would force them to quarantine the entire squad for 2 weeks - they are supposed to be playing the promotion playoff next week - and take them to court for endangering public health.

Deportivo relegated to the third tier of Spanish football last night. Mad that, I still remember them winning La Liga and getting to the CL semi final.

They had some right players too...Tristan, Mackaay, Luque, Naybet, Arriaga, Barriaga , ;D

Missed out valeron and rivaldo

Jorge Andrade and Colo as well.

I've only got fleeting memories of Valeron, but I'm sure there was a high profile game or two were he looked like the most natural player I'd ever seen.

They played Man Utd about 3 seasons running in the CL back in the day so it’s probably that.

I've only got fleeting memories of Valeron, but I'm sure there was a high profile game or two were he looked like the most natural player I'd ever seen.

They played Man Utd about 3 seasons running in the CL back in the day so it’s probably that.

Most likely, yeah. Did they have one or two deep runs in the CL around the time that Porto won it? Feels like a lifetime ago.

EDIT: Just watched some incredibly low-quality highlight reels. What a fucking player he was.

Most likely, yeah. Did they have one or two deep runs in the CL around the time that Porto won it? Feels like a lifetime ago.

EDIT: Just watched some incredibly low-quality highlight reels. What a fucking player he was.

Porto beat them in the semis when they won. They played us in the quarters before.

Porto beat them in the semis when they won. They played us in the quarters before.

It was the second round, not the quarters. I specifically remember an atrocious error from Howard and Mourinho wildly celebrating. :lol:

It was the second round, not the quarters. I specifically remember an atrocious error from Howard and Mourinho wildly celebrating. :lol:

I'm saying we played Deportivo in the quarters previously.

I know when we played Porto and I remember it vividly. :lol: Daylight robbery.

We've done this before but which player do you not remember played for a certain club?

I don't have any memory at all of Robert Pires at Aston Villa

Mark Hughes. I remember him at Southampton mainly because of the volley he scored past us and I thought that was his last club but he apparently went on to play for Everton and Blackburn.

Guest Howaythetoon

Makaay and Tristan are the ones I remember.

What a striker he was, La Liga was class around then.