Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Theres a story in Popbitch about a dodgy 'exec at a big club' overpaying for a player by 20M and it not being 'immediately clear where the remaining balance ended up'. 

If theres clues in the text about who it is or who the club is then I havnt figured it out??

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Theres a story in Popbitch about a dodgy 'exec at a big club' overpaying for a player by 20M and it not being 'immediately clear where the remaining balance ended up'. 

If theres clues in the text about who it is or who the club is then I havnt figured it out??

There was rumours Ashley paid £20 million for shares in a business owned by the son of the Hoffenheim owner 

8 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

On the theme of English  players going abroad, Jack Wilshere has signed for Cuomo. 

Could have done worse :lol:

Turns out he can't be registered to actually play for them because he doesn't hold a EU passport :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

First Ive heard of that tbh.

Some sort of sport social media company loads of rich people have put their money into...........Ashley used Newcastles, similar to his Strawberry land deal

A world cup every two years is a shit suggestion like. Wenger pushing it too. Not long after he came out with his offside rule nonesense either, Arsenal fans were right, the cunt.

FIFA are absolutely determined to ruin the sport like. It's not a difficult job to manage the most popular game in the world like. Corruption on a gigantic scale leading to World Cups in Qatar, crappy rule changes, World Cups every two years. Leave it alone you fucks.

I think you'd lose a lot of those casual fans who turn up and get caught up in the game/the carnival atmosphere of an international tournament if there was one every summer. I already feel guilty enough about the amount of football that's on these days; it already feels absolutely relentless. But people like my gf can very easily get absorbed in the WC/Euros cos it's such an event, and tbh that's been one of my absolute favourite parts of the whole thing; the powerful and uniting sense of the shared experience. The reason why they're so special is because they're so infrequent, and that's why this is a truly horrible idea. 

I know that, by the time you get to late twenties (maybe?) you become naturally averse to change, and I think it's important to be wary of that aversion when it comes to football, cos it's so desperate for repair and necessary change. But this doesn't feel like repairing anything; it's just more of the same exploitation of people's interest and the global-scale marketing possibilities. Really depressing. 

On the one hand I think it's bollocks for all the same reasons as everyone else, but on the other hand club football is an irritating soulless husk, I like watching games but none of it feels like it means anything.

Edited by Kimbo

25 minutes ago, triggs said:

Have basically sacked off club football so would love a World Cup every 2 years personally as long as it didn't effect continental tournaments. 

Aye fuck club football, give me international tournaments every day of the week or every two years.