Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

To the non-fan we have absolutely loads of random names from the past. Babayaro, Viduka, Nicky Butt etc.

Another game is "players you can't believe are still in their 20s" and Haris Vuckic is the winner :lol:  he's only just turned 29.

Edited by TaylorJ_01

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

To the non-fan we have absolutely loads of random names from the past. Babayaro, Viduka, Nicky Butt etc.

Another game is "players you can't believe are still in their 20s" and Haris Vuckic is the winner :lol:  he's only just turned 29.

Amazingly Nicky Butt was a NUFC player for 6 years. :lol:

13 hours ago, Kaizero said:

Not a big fan of Solbakken being the Norway manager, but by god, this was a decent quote about Van Dijk vs Haaland: "If Haaland gets the ball in the right position it doesn't matter who the defender facing him is."

We're shit, we have no right to be cocky, but I still enjoy a manager who is gung fucking ho in his press conferences even without the ability to back it up :lol: 

Do you think we should expect to perform better than we currently are, are we performing as expected or over performing?

I know we tend to over estimate how good we should be, but I really think we are under performing as a national side with the current talent we have. It will be a massive blow if this team doesn't qualify for the world cup imo.

2 hours ago, Conjo said:

Do you think we should expect to perform better than we currently are, are we performing as expected or over performing?

I know we tend to over estimate how good we should be, but I really think we are under performing as a national side with the current talent we have. It will be a massive blow if this team doesn't qualify for the world cup imo.

We under perform as fuck because we never hire a manager that plays the most effective kind of football for our pool of players. We have extremely shit managerial talent to pick from if we absolutely have to have a Norwegian manager. Solbakken will want the players to play "his" style of football even when we don't have the players available for that. Kjetil Rekdal, as much as I dislike him, would likely be the only one I can think of which would play to the strengths of the available talent rather than force everyone into a system they don't fit.

I've always considered Norway to be one of the biggest underachieving nations in Europe like.

Had some good players over the years. No qualification for a major tournament since 2000 is mad when you consider some of the dross that has qualified, especially the last two Euros.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

Jenas getting rinsed by Lee Mack on the One Show was good value.  Showed a clip of him missing a penalty in some cleb match, asked if they were going to show the clip of Jenas attempting the chip in our pre-season match.  Then "Look, I'm a 53-year-old stand-up comedian, asking me to take a penalty is like asking an ex-footballer to do entertainment, it's only going to end in disaster."

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

Was SSN always this fucking unwatchable? I feel like it used to be entertaining on days like today.

10-15 years ago, I used to watch it religiously but that was when we were interesting.