Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, you’re right in that being bankrolled by Saudi Arabia gives you more flexibility - that’s why I qualified it. You know that FFP doesn’t exist any more though, don’t you? We’re still waiting to see how the new regulations - which IIRC include infrastructure - will impact stadium developments. Not just that, but I presume the same restrictions on increasing SJP will still apply.

Then you look at the other team bankrolled by a country…who lest we forget were essentially gifted a stadium in very similar circumstances to West Ham. This is from 2019:

https://www.givemesport.com/1479353-manchester-city-have-increased-season-ticket-prices-in-10-out-of-the-last-11-years/amp

Why exactly do you think prices won’t go up significantly?

The Uefa one will indeed include infrastructure but let’s see. I expected it will be the taken.
apart. 

Yes, I’m aware FFP got a rebrand too. 

also, ticket prices will go up new stadium or not  I’m sure everyone knows this though. 

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Ah right then I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying KI was wrong to say that prices would go up, rather than him being wrong to say that fans were unwittingly asking for it.

I think prices will rise regardless. Sadly they will have to if we want to compete at the top. 

I should have been clear about this in my original reply though. 

53 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think if you're aware of it, you have to be a special kind of naive to look around and see every single new-stadium development ending up with increased ticket prices, the pricing out of lower incomes and without missing a beat, think 'that won't happen to us'

:thup:

Moving from St James’s would rip the soul out of us in so many ways 

6 minutes ago, LV said:

:thup:

Moving from St James’s would rip the soul out of us in so many ways 

Going to be fascinating to see how you square that circle. I think Spurs did it about the best way possible, building a completely new stadium on the same site. Arsenal didn’t move far but had a ready-made plot of land with good transport links available. West Ham and Man City got lucky in being helped out handily by the taxpayer, although they both had to move. I think Man City’s success softened the blow enormously while West Ham still seem a bit pissed off they’re not at Upton Park.

I could not stomach moving from the present location. I could cope with complete rebuild I guess but I fear a soulless identikit stadium. But anyone happy to move it from it's current location is utterly mad. I am angry enough with how much development has been allowed to block views to it as is. 

Bit random and last minute for one of them, but NUFC have a couple of canny casual opportunities going:

"We are looking for a number of Local Heroes (Matchday Greeters) to join our Supporter Experience Department.

Our Local Heroes meet and greet supporters at the Stadium on matchdays, helping them find their way around St. James’ Park, providing accurate information in helpful and polite manner to ensure supporters have the best possible matchday experience.

We are looking for candidates who have a passion for Newcastle United and are confident in dealing with people.

This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Newcastle United family at an incredibly exciting time."

Have you ever fancied yourself as a football commentator? Interested in a career in media? Alan March Sport (AMS) is looking for people to join the new in-stadium access Commentary service offered at St James' Park!

If you've always wanted to learn about, and experience being a football commentator, then we have a training day at St James' Park on August 21st, 2022. So don't let this opportunity pass you by.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/club/jobs

That second one, in particular, would be a cracking thing to have on the CV for someone looking to get into broadcasting.

If anyone at the club is reading, why could I benefit from a Magpie Mover card if I chose to live next door to Uncle Mick but because I live just over the border In Northumberland I have to pay around £100 more every season to get to the match?

Have a word with Arriva and Northern Trains and get something sorted. 

My mates train takes longer than mine to get to Newcastle but he’s in Tyne & Wear so that’s ok.

Random rant but it annoys me every year. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Bit random and last minute for one of them, but NUFC have a couple of canny casual opportunities going:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/club/jobs

That second one, in particular, would be a cracking thing to have on the CV for someone looking to get into broadcasting.

The second one is awesome - 

N 2013 LEICESTER CITY BECAME THE FIRST CLUB TEAM TO JOIN THE AMS AUDIO DESCRIPTION FAMILY. WE HAVE PROVIDED AD COMMENTARY AT EVERY FIXTURE AT THE KING POWER STADIUM SINCE.

THIS HAS  ENSURED BLIND AND VISION IMPAIRED FANS HAVEN'T MISSED OUT ON A SINGLE MOMENT OF THE CLUB'S INCREDIBLE JOURNEY FROM THE CHAMPIONSHIP, TO BECOMING PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, AND EUROPEAN NIGHTS.

COMMENTARY IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE KING POWER STADIUM FOR BOTH HOME AND AWAY SUPPORTERS, WITH OUR AUDIO DESCRIBERS TRAINED TO DELIVER AN IMPARTIAL SERVICE COVERING ALL THE ACTION.

17 hours ago, Tsunami said:

If anyone at the club is reading, why could I benefit from a Magpie Mover card if I chose to live next door to Uncle Mick but because I live just over the border In Northumberland I have to pay around £100 more every season to get to the match?

My mates train takes longer than mine to get to Newcastle but he’s in Tyne & Wear so that’s ok.

Aye, I posted this in the membership thread. When I go back for games I stop with me folks who are in County Durham but the next bus stop is in Gateshead.

I rang Nexus and the woman I spoke to’s solution was (if not walking to the stop within Tyne and Wear cos it’s tipping down) to show the Magpie Mover and pay to go one stop :lol: Farcical, really.

3 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Not really got a comment, just found this interesting.

Looks like we’ve had the biggest percentage increase: the 78%, 2019-2021, rather than 55%, 2018-19 (wages as percentage of turnover) represents a 42% increase on the 2018-19 proportion.

What the hell was going on for Sheffield United in 2018-19? Wages nearly twice the annual turnover! 

4 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Aye, I posted this in the membership thread. When I go back for games I stop with me folks who are in County Durham but the next bus stop is in Gateshead.

I rang Nexus and the woman I spoke to’s solution was (if not walking to the stop within Tyne and Wear cos it’s tipping down) to show the Magpie Mover and pay to go one stop :lol: Farcical, really.

Not for the want of turning another thread all political BUT....North of Tyne Mayor, Jamie Driscoll, has been pushing for a region wide oyster card type effort. 

De-regulation of buses being the main obsticle

18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

That will be because the club probably have a deal with Nexus, not the individual companies.

Big leap for us, unsurprisingly. 

State of that top 6, man. The vast majority behind them are absolutely breaking their necks trying to close the gap, whilst they cruise under no apparent pressure at all to square wages and turnover. 

Credit to West Ham, Brighton and Wolves. Ambitious, performing well, taking a genuine stab at the European places without crippling themselves just trying to pay their players.