Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

17 hours ago, KaKa said:

AND STILL ... UNDEFEATED!!!

What a game man. Great result all things considered.

Hated every single mili second of that second half. One of the worst experiences of my life.

You can’t have hated the trippier free kick 😂😂 it literally felt the same as the England semi goal 

28 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Watching back De Bruyne's pass for Silva's equalizer is pure filth

Touch of good fortune I thought, it was straight at willock but it went through his legs, no disrespect to willock but he could just of easily stopped that.  De bruyne didn't intend to meg him from 10 yards

2 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Touch of good fortune I thought, it was straight at willock but it went through his legs, no disrespect to willock but he could just of easily stopped that.  De bruyne didn't intend to meg him from 10 yards

Totally agree.  I actually thought that all three Man City goals were scrappy.

Watched it on holiday in a Spanish bar, mainly City fans and some Leeds stragglers.

Both groups were positive about us and what Howe’s achieving with that squad. They were impressed by the quality of football we played. 

City fans said it’s rare a team goes after them the way we did, they were shocked by how up for it we were and there was plenty of panic when we scored the 3rd. 

Ended up getting mortal, gatecrashed the mini disco, tried to play basketball with some local yoots, got chased off a chihuahua, drew a knob in the dust on a car windscreen and am sweating like a bastard today. My kids are taking the piss out of me. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

While it was lucky it went through Willock's legs, that's the beauty of being such a great creative player. You can't wait for the absolute risk-free perfect chance to play a through ball... you realise your mate is making a run and you back yourself to get the ball to him. 

Don't think there's many other teams in the world that can score goals like that. 

32 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Leading up to their second goal, there was twice when Schar put the ball out for a corner with Pope just behind him ready to collect. That communication will improve the more they play. 

Noticed this. Wonder if the noise from the crowd was drowning out shouts?

11 hours ago, greydos said:

Wasn't the fastest man in the world ever pretty tall?

Fair point. However in sprinting your body is fine tuned to do one thing and that's run in a straight line for 10-20 seconds. That's it.

Football involves so many other elements of constant movement, different physical stresses on the body and needs much longer term stamina. I can't remember ever seeing any footballer be Haaland's height and build but also have that acceleration and pace. Forwards his size usually have moderate pace at best and have to compensate by using their height aerially or through technical ability with the ball. While those with pace to burn are usually much smaller with a lower centre of gravity. I've never seen anybody with his combination of attributes in football. It's highly unusual.

Edited by ponsaelius

17 hours ago, Mazzy said:

They won't.

This game is not a missed chance for us to beat them, for them it was a missed chance for City to beat us. They will show all the goals but will then focus on the City misses and how good Haaland is.

Mr paranoia

Watched this in a seaside bar near my hometown. Guy behind us was a manc, presumably on holiday. After they took the lead he said in his stupid manc accent “this’ll be a rout now”. By the end of the game he was relieved to have gotten a point. Our house, prick :aww:

11 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Watched this in a seaside bar near my hometown. Guy behind us was a manc, presumably on holiday. After they took the lead he said in his stupid manc accent “this’ll be a rout now”. By the end of the game he was relieved to have gotten a point. Our house, prick :aww:

Think it’s shit that dominance has gone from one Manchester club to another as as a city and a people they seem to do a good line in tacky, graceless arrogance. It could have been Man Utd fans in 2000 up on level seven yesterday, fuck the plucky neighbours narrative. 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Watched it on holiday in a Spanish bar, mainly City fans and some Leeds stragglers.

Both groups were positive about us and what Howe’s achieving with that squad. They were impressed by the quality of football we played. 

City fans said it’s rare a team goes after them the way we did, they were shocked by how up for it we were and there was plenty of panic when we scored the 3rd. 

Ended up getting mortal, gatecrashed the mini disco, tried to play basketball with some local yoots, got chased off a chihuahua, drew a knob in the dust on a car windscreen and am sweating like a bastard today. My kids are taking the piss out of me. 

[emoji38]

Hanging once again. Had to have a few after the game given how mentally draining that was. :lol: Had a hoarse voice for a good hour after the game.

I feel a lot better today than I did leaving the ground. Felt like 2 points dropped even though I'd have snapped your hand off for a point before the game.

We were right up for it; Bruno, Wilson, ASM, Almiron. And SJP. What a fucking place it is at the minute. Can't fucking wait for Palace.

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

Was 100% sure Botman was getting a red card then.

botman actually did well there, managed to stumble into him and knock him off balance for a split second to delay him but not enough to draw a foul - whether he intended it is another question though :lol: