Alexander Isak

Disco

36 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

You said what from the start, when we signed him you said he’s crocked? Or when he got injured you said this’ll be the end of his career? If you’re going to fabricate complete bollocks why be so negative? I reckon he’ll grow a third leg and go on to win more Ballon d’ors than Messi.

Don't be daft.

How will he win the Ballon d'Or with three legs?

:lol: he'll undoubtedly come good. I think it's just the nature of how the injury has been reported that's getting people all uppity about it. It's been "he's a week or two away, getting there" since about October which I can totally understand is canny irritating.

Alexander Marcelino

In all seriousness though, based on what we were all told Boxing Day always seemed an ambition rather than a fixed date.  Yes, it’s disappointing that he’s been injured so quick into his NUFC career - but footballers get injured.  We’ve no idea if he’s a permacrock or this is a case of bad luck - hopefully the latter, of course.  No-one should be writing the lad off a couple of months after a thigh injury, that seems daft to me. 

Generally though - and I’m not saying this is the case for Isak, who looked really impressive to me for a young lad in a new league - some of these big money signings won’t come off.  The best thing is knowing that talented young lads like Isak are not being bought for resale, but with a view that they’re going to be the club’s future.  I’m still getting used to that being the case again - after 15 long years of ‘stepping stone’ signings, it takes some adjusting that NUFC are operating again like they did in the 15 years before that.  

11 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I bet my right bollock he'll be absolutely fine.

Exactly. A load of people get frustrated he’s not playing like the rest of us but then come out with absurd statements. At this level of sport 1-2 weeks specific rehab could be the difference between playing the rest of the season of missing huge chunks of it. Maybe these knackers would rather it was Bruce rushing him back to certain doom. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I think some need to begin to accept that the club is no longer giving honest injury updates about players and are keeping our cards very close to our chests so that other teams can’t plan.

Think it’s triggering some folk a bit that injuries are played down and bland statements are given about return dates and then when they are out longer than people thought they would be it’s seen as absolute doom. 

I’m not saying what the club are doing with injury info is a bad thing but it is leading some people to fill in the gaps with worst case scenario catastrophisation. 

7 minutes ago, LV said:

I think some need to begin to accept that the club is no longer giving honest injury updates about players and are keeping our cards very close to our chests so that other teams can’t plan.

Think it’s triggering some folk a bit that injuries are played down and bland statements are given about return dates and then when they are out longer than people thought they would be it’s seen as absolute doom. 

I’m not saying what the club are doing with injury info is a bad thing but it is leading some people to fill in the gaps with worst case scenario catastrophisation. 

100% this.

It is a change, but it's much better than the alternative that we used to have: e.g Player meant to be out for 3 months gets rushed back at 6 weeks and is immediately crocked and out for 6 months [emoji38]

Maybe this Isak situation is how injuries are supposed to be managed? I wouldn't know because I follow Newcastle and only know how not to do it [emoji38]

2 hours ago, LV said:

Spot on and keeping your cards to your chest also relates to January. I saw someone on Twitter moaning about this very aspect but they’re hardly going to say “yes Isak is definitely out for 3 more months and we desperately need a another striker” 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Phone showed a snippet of the title and it read "unlikely to feature again..." fucking shit myself :lol:

Obviously want to see more of him, his introduction to NUFC was fantastic. However I'm glad we're not just going down the Bruce route of hoying people in when they're half fit.