Alexander Isak

Disco

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

Given where we are without some of our big hitters, if we can stay there or thereabouts in the table by the time of the WC, we’ll be in a cracking place to have fully fit and rested top players to come back for the push in 2023. Maybe that’s a bit naively optimistic mind 

Until all our internationals get injured at WC. 

I suppose with the way we're set out to play and the injuries that have come with it that tells me we're probably heading for a squad packed with quality right the way through in order to sustain the style. (Inject me with signings!)

The high press seems so effective right now in football you wonder why other teams don't do it, this is likely why, and not many clubs can afford to fix the squad depth issue.

The bloke played 47, 44 and 41 games over the last three years at Sociedad. He was signed as a sure fire replacement for the oft injured Wilson. Not going to lie it's extremely frustrating that he's come in and immediately been crocked.

6 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I suppose with the way we're set out to play and the injuries that have come with it that tells me we're probably heading for a squad packed with quality right the way through in order to sustain the style. (Inject me with signings!)

The high press seems so effective right now in football you wonder why other teams don't do it, this is likely why, and not many clubs can afford to fix the squad depth issue.

While this high pressing is how we want to play, I actually think the sheer injury inducing intensity of it is sort of enforced. We don't have players suited for a controlling possession in a slow methodical fashion really, we are doing well with posession but it is by imposing ourselves. We really could do with players who can slow things down now and then, when we are ahead or whatever so we don't need to be pressing all the time. What happens though often is premier league clubs think this way, sign some classy passing player and they get completely bypassed and look a fool.

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

While this high pressing is how we want to play, I actually think the sheer injury inducing intensity of it is sort of enforced. We don't have players suited for a controlling possession in a slow methodical fashion really, we are doing well with posession but it is by imposing ourselves. We really could do with players who can slow things down now and then, when we are ahead or whatever so we don't need to be pressing all the time. What happens though often is premier league clubs think this way, sign some classy passing player and they get completely bypassed and look a fool.

I've got the perfect man for job, no expensive signings needed. Let me introduce Steve.

I'm sorry guys, back when he got his first injury I had the thought of "oh great he's just going to be always injured and we'll never know how good he could have been" and then I did not perform the appropriate cleansing rituals to defuse that curse, so this is probably all my fault.

Maybe he'll play a little bit in preseason next year, that could be fun.

Already looking forward to him coming off the bench toward the end of the game and score against the mackems in 2 years when we're already a goal up, and bow and beg for acceptance from the fans during his celebration.

44 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Already looking forward to him coming off the bench toward the end of the game and score against the mackems in 2 years when we're already a goal up, and bow and beg for acceptance from the fans during his celebration.

:lol: 

image.thumb.png.e404969328bc60b35ab0dbf4026f082b.png

:lol: :lol: 

image.thumb.png.3a43e60411ec9698fa18ab196dcba060.png

That should play at the exact moment he scores. :lol: Watch to 1:56 when there's a litter tornado swirling around the pitch. You won't be dissapointed!

I think this guy will be okay. Not surprised he's ended up with some niggles early on.

He came in quite late and so didn't have any pre season with us, and he came from a club that played a much slower tempo of football. 

On top of that he had to get involved quite quickly thanks to Callum being out injured.

Hope Wilson can stay fit for a little bit to give Isak a chance to catch up to the different demands in the style of football. He'll be fine.