Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

Has anyone else listened to this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cwb5cn

Not exactly a glowing reference. I hope people aren’t expecting this to be a Shearer-esque signing. I’m confident that Eddie will extract every ounce of ability out of this lad but it seems we have wildly overpaid for him.

It was quoted earlier in the thread, Jon Driscol is either thick, or laying bait.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Not exactly a glowing reference. I hope people aren’t expecting this to be a Shearer-esque signing. I’m confident that Eddie will extract every ounce of ability out of this lad but it seems we have wildly overpaid for him.

That bloke hasn’t real watched our transfer window has he, making it sound like we’ve been making Man United style offers for people? 

3 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

They are all pussies though. Knopfler is great, but does he strike fear and loathing in the hearts of opposing fans? Sting? Maybe Sting from The Police. But Fields of Gold isn't going to cause anyone to shit in their pants. Buried Alive and Raise the Dead will.

Can those half-deaf (surely they must be…) mo-fos tantric someone into unconsciousness? Can they? Eh? No. That’s what I thought. :smug:

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

In terms of overpaying, I get that POV looking at it from the outside, but seeing how we’ve handled business so far it’s very unlikely our recruitment team feel the same. There are dozens of strikers we could have landed for £40m. We’ve obviously done a lot of homework on the lad if we’re paying £60m.

7 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It was quoted earlier in the thread, Jon Driscol is either thick, or laying bait.

Hope so. The guy sounded ridiculously negative, to be fair. But I do have a feeling that expectations should be tempered with regards to what this lad will do for us.

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Just had a listen and his opening gambit is ridiculous like. "If he went from one La Liga club to another, he'd go for £15m" :lol:

but he wouldn't, because he's Alexander Isak, one of the most well-known up and coming strikers in world football :lol:

The rest is just odd, he basically just describes what he isn't rather than who he is and what's good about who he is. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Have I missed something? Why would Sam Fender be there?

1 hour ago, khay said:

Clearly doing the announcement  video for isak. 

Complete with Fender covering Smash ya Pastie, wor Isak was so taken with it.

14 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I mentioned this earlier. The guy went out his way to basically say he was shite. 

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

This the same BBC that are spreading Tory propaganda across the nation?  Bunch of kunsts man. 

34 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We should honestly be getting Venom to do the announcement videos since they are Geordie boys. Let the world know our great menace, and shrink in abject horror.

download (1).jpg

I always thought Welcome to Hell would be a great song for St James'. 

Think I’ll base my expectations of him on what I’ve seen myself, his data and the fact that he was clearly one of our priority targets and we do extremely extensive scouting. Gonna go with that over some no-mark journalist who does commentary work and has worked for Talksport. His opinion could barely have less value 

45 minutes ago, STM said:

Will take a few hours for the media lot to put a video package together, so I'd guess the morning.

Bet its not often the flags store is asked if they stock the Swedish flag. Probably nipped down to IKEA.

Bloke in Wallsend has a box of flags, just pure loves flying them apparently :thup: