Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, soyt said:

True, but thats not offside actually or what am i missing here? I dont get that red line. Its mad

Against any of the darlings... it gets scrutinised with zoomed in views of blurryness.... seen it before and it proves fuck all. 

Once we pad the squad out with players of the level of the first eleven we’ll be able to keep that intensity up.

But Wood and Murphy are godawful and show a complete gulf in class.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

I generally am trying to be positive about wood and Murphy but they were shocking man. Useless. 

Murphy :lol: I bet 50% of this forum could do a similar job to him tonight. I'm sorry, but that was pathetic. Came in and looked absolutely lost. 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

No they wouldn't! 

There's always lots of ifs and buts in a game. He made the right choice in my opinion and a few others based on their comments in the thread. It wasn't like we were protecting a lead and making it 3-1. 

After so many time wasting effort by Joe, he made that cross.

Give it a break and come back tomorrow. No way you should defend for him. It’s just blatantly telling the ref that you were really time wasting and trying to abuse everything you can.

10 minutes ago, soyt said:

image.png.0460ccef9fd7c8c7bd0dcd35ffb3d1ac.png.27effe6f06c171d48a60ac77b95fa2bd.png

This is from the Isak topic

I mean what's that red line actually measured from? His knee? Doesnt look right at all. Love how some posters just take it as fact its offside cos some daft cunt in the VAR room decides where the line goes. I mean VAR officals never get nowt wrong do they? And what if they go back 1 frame he'd be even more onside and the ball would still look like its being passed. 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Against any of the darlings... it gets scrutinised with zoomed in views of blurryness.... seen it before and it proves fuck all. 

In situations like that I thought the attacking team was supposed to get the advantage. Technology is taking a lot of the fun out of the game, half the time after a goal I feel your waiting for VAR to intervene.

Just now, Kanji said:

I generally am trying to be positive about wood and Murphy but they were shocking man. Useless. 

Apart from that header against Tranmere, I fail to see what else Wood brings when he comes on. He doesn't hold it up very well, doesn't win many headers in the air, doesn't run with/carry the ball. He's jst a body on the pitch.

Had his place last season, and played his part in helping keep us up (even if part of that was just to weaken Burnley), but if we can keep Isak and/or Wilson fit for the majority of remaing matches, I just dont see where he fits in anymore.

Can we not just send him back to Burnely and write off the rest of what we owe them as the transfer fee?

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Good decision in the end eh? “[emoji38]"

It was a good decision. There's also probably 10+ decisions afterwards where you could justify with hindsight being 20/20 that X player made a poor one.

26 minutes ago, GWN said:

i get that mate but sometimes you just gotta have the nouse fro game management and see it out for the point , because at times you can lose it in the the last minute and sure enough we did . Just gutted , cunty cunt 

Yeah it hurts now, course it does. In retrospect, I wish he had gone for the corner.

Still, next time we're in that spot I'd want to go for the winner again. Process made sense to me, even though the result sucked. Risk a point to try to gain two, think it's the right call.

Starting to calm down.  I expected defeat and by 3 goals.  So that performance - gives me great hope for this season.   We can match anyone!   We should be aiming for top 8 this season if we can keep most of our star players fit.

The giant hasn't even stirred fully yet and we are causing havoc already!  HWTL!

1 minute ago, pubteam said:

In situations like that I thought the attacking team was supposed to get the advantage. Technology is taking a lot of the fun out of the game, half the time after a goal I feel your waiting for VAR to intervene.

The attacking team gets the advantage unless it's the team they want to win. 

I sound so fucking petty right now :lol: but it happens so often it's hard not to think that way. 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

So angry I’m going to struggle to sleep here 

I'm up at 5 tomorrow and I'm still here ranting. :lol:

Fuck it. The worst of it is we deserved at least a draw.

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I mean what's that red line actually measured from? His knee? Doesnt look right at all. Love how some posters just take it as fact its offside cos some daft cunt in the VAR room decides where the line goes. I mean VAR officals never get nowt wrong do they? And what if they go back 1 frame he'd be even more onside and the ball would still look like its being passed. 

Where was the line to the shoulder? Sky showed it against Rashford the other week

7 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Almost no point playing Liverpool on live telly. We ain’t gunna get the rub of shit. 

95 mins and they’re allowed a corner in the 98th to score. Standard. 

On a general note we need another midfielder and another forward wide man. Also Lascelles ain’t good enough.

He was excellent, I would honestly be the first to jump on him.