How would you rate the Transfer Window?

Rate the Window.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the transfer window?

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Said it in the other thread but

8/10. We need quality over quantity to avoid re-buying and that's what we're doing.

The shift from January is that we've started targeting a younger age profile too. 22 is about perfect to get players who are ready to step straight into the team as improvements but also have loads of room to grow. That gets an extra point from me.

Marked down because we haven't signed a wide player - which is the weakest part of the team. Would be a 9.5 if we'd landed one of them of a similar profile.

Can’t disagree with any of this.

Would like to think we’re going to be extremely active in the coming months working on / buttering up agents and players with <18 months left on their deals too. More and more players going down this route.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Said it in the other thread but

8/10. We need quality over quantity to avoid re-buying and that's what we're doing.

The shift from January is that we've started targeting a younger age profile too. 22 is about perfect to get players who are ready to step straight into the team as improvements but also have loads of room to grow. That gets an extra point from me.

Marked down because we haven't signed a wide player - which is the weakest part of the team. Would be a 9.5 if we'd landed one of them of a similar profile.

Feel the same as this.

ASM, Wilson and Isak is an exciting front three but the drop off in quality to Almiron/Fraser is massive and the drop after them to Wood/Murphy is just as big again.

Suspect we'll see a few games this season where we drop points just because we won't have the option to really change it up from the bench and that'll be frustrating.

Still, quality over quantity is excellent to see.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:
11 minutes ago, Peppe said:

I'm sorry mate :lol:

Where did that 5/7 meme come from again? :lol:

Didn't remember so I had to look it up:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/memes/5-7/

"5/7 is an internet meme referring to an unusual film rating scale developed by a Facebook user. It’s used allusively to express ironic or earnest appreciation of online content." 

There's more info in the link 😁

8/10.

On the one hand, we signed two genuinely world class players, and Isak is way beyond what I expected in this window. But I can't ignore that we didn't get CM and RW addressed. I really did think we would be able to utilise the loan market to address it, but not going to complain too much if this is down to Howe not wanting to bring in anyone who might upset the squad unity. When the short term injuries clear up it might look a lot brighter than appears right now.

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

Feel the same as this.

ASM, Wilson and Isak is an exciting front three but the drop off in quality to Almiron/Fraser is massive and the drop after them to Wood/Murphy is just as big again.

Suspect we'll see a few games this season where we drop points just because we won't have the option to really change it up from the bench and that'll be frustrating.

Still, quality over quantity is excellent to see.

Other than Liverpool and Man City, which other clubs can lose their front 3 and have quality coming in? Genuine question, not a dig at you.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Other than Liverpool and Man City, which other clubs can lose their front 3 and have quality coming in? Genuine question, not a dig at you.

I'd say that the massive difference between our best line-up (which I rate top 10), to Almiron/Fraser (which I rate somewhere between 14th and 16th) and to Murphy/Wood (Which I rate championship quality) is worrying considering Wilson is made of glass, and ASM gets frequent knocks. So most of the time we'll play Isak, Almiron and Fraser which is not good enough.

8/10 - Evolution not revolution which is pretty much what we got. 

Bit of an anticlimax last day tbh but pulling off the most ambitious signing since Alan Shearer is about as big a statement as our owners could possibly have made and that gets me stupidly excited for the future. 

How I’d sum up the last 2 windows…over the last few seasons I really wished we’d been run like Leicester now I just couldn’t be prouder to be run like Newcastle United. Only gets better and better from here 

10 minutes ago, midds said:
20 minutes ago, Peppe said:

Didn't remember so I had to look it up:

https://www.dictionary.com/e/memes/5-7/

"5/7 is an internet meme referring to an unusual film rating scale developed by a Facebook user. It’s used allusively to express ironic or earnest appreciation of online content." 

There's more info in the link 😁

Ken M wasn't it? 

No, seems to be some Robert Graves person 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

6/10 for me.

Think we really need those one or two players but last night's performance at Anfield prevented that final push.

Not too many games until January though.

26 minutes ago, MagMal said:

Actual window 8.5/10

Newly minted self entitled, delusion fantasy fan window, 6/10 

1 minute ago, wiseman said:

9/10- we added 3 top quality players to the squad and retained targett, spending over 100mil. Feels like people are forgetting what our transfer windows were like under Ashley. 

I agree in general but maybe its time to stop comparing back to Ashley ? Ashley or not its been a very good window, 4 first XI upgrades (including Targett), 2 of them young with sky high ceilings. You can see the plan, you can see the build, you can see it on the pitch.

I've no doubt we could have got improvements on the couple of positions we all know, but the clubs mindset is to get the right fit, and I love that the character of the player is massively important.

Its an 8 for me, would have loved to get at least 1 more in at CM, but now for me when fit we have a potentially brilliant front 3 in ASM, Wilson and Isak, a very good middle 3 with Bruno, Big Jo +1, a solid back 4 as long as Trippier plays and a great shot stopper in Pope. They said slow build from the start and I think signings like Bruno (I know that was Jan) Botman and Isak are ahead of the curve I expected tbh. We're making taking time and making educated decisions rather than rolling the dice and I like it. 

I'd go about 8, hoped for another option who could play on either wing and after Bruno's injury, a backup cm with Shelvey being out as well. 

But hey, we're fuckin flying compared to our recent history.  I'm happy and looking forward to what's ahead.  We'll get exactly what we need in time.