How would you rate the Transfer Window?

Rate the Window.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the transfer window?

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I was at a 6 before we signed Isak. Think his quality puts it up to an 8.5

Agree and i'm not sure enough people realize just what an immense signing he was. I mean he is actually probably rated as one of the top 3 young strikers in world football. He trained a few hours and tore Liverpool a new one in his first game, but aye 6/10 window :lol:

Edited by LionOfGosforth

A brilliant window. Isak looks legit, targett is a great defender, Pope is an upgrade and Botman looks class.

To say this window was anything but brilliant is forgetting the last 10+ years of we tried, the money is in the wallpaper and non stop monitoring :lol:

Edited by Guybrush

8 for me. A very solid 8.

Made Targett permanent, which is solid. Signed one of the most highly rated young CB's in Europe (from under the noses of Milan no less). Didn't think it at first, but these opening games have proven that Pope is an upgrade on Dubravka. Then capped it off by demolishing our transfer record to sign a 22 year old footballing unicorn of a striker, who early indications suggest will take to the PL like a duck to water. 

Also, even captain happy Luke Edwards suggests we will look to be active in Jan. 

I put this in the transfers thread, but probably better here...

The only reason people are disappointed is because:

1) The business done in January and this summer has been outstanding (minus the Chris Wood panic buy)

2) The manager the new owners appointed has been better than anyone could have possibly imagined

This has people dreaming of top 6 and beyond when the reality is, from a financial and squad building perspective, we are still years away. If you look back at where we were last summer or even the squad and our place in the table on the last day of 2021 it would be impossible to be disappointed right now. And if you do that and you're still annoyed right now then blame Mike Ashley because if we had literally anyone another club wanted to buy for a decent amount of money then we'd probably have another 1 or 2 in the door.

Said it in the other thread but

8/10. We need quality over quantity to avoid re-buying and that's what we're doing.

The shift from January is that we've started targeting a younger age profile too. 22 is about perfect to get players who are ready to step straight into the team as improvements but also have loads of room to grow. That gets an extra point from me.

Marked down because we haven't signed a wide player - which is the weakest part of the team. Would be a 9.5 if we'd landed one of them of a similar profile.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I put this in the transfers thread, but probably better here...

The only reason people are disappointed is because:

1) The business done in January and this summer has been outstanding (minus the Chris Wood panic buy)

2) The manager the new owners appointed has been better than anyone could have possibly imagined

This has people dreaming of top 6 and beyond when the reality is, from a financial and squad building perspective, we are still years away. If you look back at where we were last summer or even the squad and our place in the table on the last day of 2021 it would be impossible to be disappointed right now. And if you do that and you're still annoyed right now then blame Mike Ashley because if we had literally anyone another club wanted to buy for a decent amount of money then we'd probably have another 1 or 2 in the door.

Agree with you but EH's coaching is worth half a dozen places alone. That's where my optimism comes in that top 6-7 is achievable. Our first 11 closely matched Man City 2 weeks ago and that was before we signed one of the best young strikers in the world.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Also, special shout-out to all the posters who embedded Twitter links and transfer articles throughout the window to keep us all going. Won’t be able to list everyone but @SUPERTOON@The Butcher @The Prophet @gdm @Disco @54 all spring to mind. Sorry if I missed out other posters who kept the transfer flame alive

They were my caffeine, saved me a fortune in Dunkin today...