How would you rate the Transfer Window?

Rate the Window.  

326 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate the transfer window?

8.5/10 

Some slight worries with depth in midfield and the a lack of quality on the right wing. Could have done with one more but really, really cannot complain. 

Botman and Isak are tremendous signings. Very happy with Pope and Targett too. 

Edited by Doctor Zaius

Bit of a 7.

Lacking a CM, right winger and maybe another fullback.

Also our goalkeeping position is much weaker overall. Oh god Pope don't get injured.

We have no good depth at all.

Edited by Aiston

Big 9. Not perfect but as good as we had a right to expect. The squad is being transformed and adding 3 or 4 players directly into the first XI is exactly what I wanted. Shouldn't go unnoticed that much of the deadwood has been convinced to move on, that's a hell of a job in itself, especially when they're nearly all dropping down a division or 2

Every player we have brought in improved us now and in the case of 3 of them, could be at the club for the next 8-10 years.

We lacked goals and have brought in a top attacker. Our defence was already pretty solid but we’ve enhanced that with a top goalkeeper, in fact I’d say Pope is better than I had realised.

9/10. A right winger and midfielder would’ve made it a 10. Can see us getting Maddison in January.

I don't think people realise what Isak is going to be for us, or just don't want to get ahead of themselves.

If there's one ST spot it's bench for Wilson, this kid is going to smash it.

To add to that Bruno, Botman and Isak should not be with us at this stage of our project, how we've pulled those signings off I will never know especially while maintaining our wage structure. We are so well run now in my eyes, it unbelievable the turn around, basically a dream.

Edited by BonesJones

As long as wood and murphy will get gametime its sketchy. Technically a good window but those two will be problems whenever they need to be relied upon. Same with the keeper situation, I get why he wanted to go but Darlow is not up to the task for me, like. 7.

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Bit of a 7.

Lacking a CM, right winger and maybe another fullback.

Also our goalkeeping position is much weaker overall. Oh god Pope don't get injured.

We have no good depth at all.

How is it weaker overall? Swapped Pope for Dubravka… seems stronger surely?

Just now, Lazarus said:

Come on :lol:

Anyone saying its less than a 10 is an ungrateful whopper

Well that's about 95% of the forum :lol:

It's an 8-9, arguably a 9 given the quality brought in. Think our first choice 11 is a match for pretty much anyone now. I suppose the club as a whole feels like a 10 now with EH in the overall equation.

I went with a 9/10 considering we've not just strengthened on the field. Getting Ashworth and Eales in place will end up being hugely important moves for us going forward.

It would have been nice to get 1 more player in, sure, whether that be a central midfielder or a winger but overall it's probably been the most productive window we've had since the Keegan era.

8/10

The fact Longstaff started and Chris Wood and Jacob Murphy were our options coming off the bench yesterday means the squad depth should have been improved. Not asking for world beaters but a couple more decent bodies would have made it 10/10 Obviously who we have brought in I'm delighted with. 

Just now, Carlito said:

I went with a 9/10 considering we've not just strengthened on the field. Getting Ashworth and Eales in place will end up being hugely important moves for us going forward.

It would have been nice to get 1 more player in, sure, whether that be a central midfielder or a winger but overall it's probably been the most productive window we've had since the Keegan era.

Aye that’s a fair point. 

On the pitch we’ve brought in quality, but we’ve also done that off the pitch too. We are in seriously good nick. 

5 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Come on :lol:

Anyone saying its less than a 10 is an ungrateful whopper

It can’t be a 10 coz even the club wanted 1 more in and couldn’t get it done. In terms of the quality we’ve signed it’s 10/10 in terms of still being short in midfield it’s an 8 or a 9

An 8 is about right in the context of the club’s ambition. 

I count 7-8 very good players who are exactly what we need for the next few years, a handful who are acceptable for now, and a load of crap who shouldn’t really be in PL squad. It’s a transition and we’ve made good strides but there’s still too much residue from the Bruce years and beforehand - if I’m being hypercritical. 

8/10 for me.

We've addressed the main striker issue by breaking the club record transfer fee for Isak who from last night looked quality. Keeps Wood away from the pitch in place of Wilson and can play together with Wilson too.

Botman looks quality and will only improve. Well beyond his years. 

Happy with Targett, solid LB who was brilliant for us last season.

Pope is a vast upgrade on Dubravka also and has looked really solid. 

The missing 2/10 is due to the lack of a real RW and a CM. RW is an issue for us imo because as useful as Almiron and Fraser are they're not going to top 10 goal involvements a season. Murphy is not good enough and I don't see Isak as being the RW. The CM or DM I always thought would be sorted medium term, ie January or next summer. 

Regardless of that, going off our performances so far and looking at our upcoming 7 fixtures I'm really excited for this season more than I probably ever have been in my life before. :lol: We have our best players to come back also in that run.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

The four first teamers are all great additions. 

We definitely needed that CM and RW so I don't think we can give it a 9 or 10. 

They've gone for quality not quantity. 

A solid 8 is decent. 

A Joao Pedro would have made it a 8.5, Ashby a 9 and then a 10 would have been a CM like a Kone or Haidara etc.  

Not all gaps have been filled - perhaps the players they have in mind are currently unattainable - e.g Diaby et al but may become available in Jan. 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

It can’t be a 10 coz even the club wanted 1 more in and couldn’t get it done. In terms of the quality we’ve signed it’s 10/10 in terms of still being short in midfield it’s an 8 or a 9

I think it's fine to mark the window as less than 10, even if the club feels like a 10 overall, but I think anyone actually complaining is a bit out of line. I mean it's human nature to want more, and we do have gaps in the squad, but if you have any perspective at all, the club is completely different now and only heading in one direction.