West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

I'm not sure why people are gasping to stick a label on our points tally. Surely it's all relative depending on fixture list, injuries, etc.

Not something I have ever put much stock in, to be honest. But I have to say, I’m half keeping a mental note of some kind of baseline points tracker this season. 

I can’t speak for others. But it’s probably the first time in a decade or more. Where I have actually felt positive about the team and genuinely thought we might be able to finish in a position that means something. Other than the standard 11th to 20th that seemed the norm for so many years. 

So I guess that’s why I’m actually paying attention to points and the league position. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not something I have ever put much stock in, to be honest. But I have to say, I’m half keeping a mental note of some kind of baseline points tracker this season. 

I can’t speak for others. But it’s probably the first time in a decade or more. Where I have actually felt positive about the team and genuinely thought we might be able to finish in a position that means something. Other than the standard 11th to 20th that seemed the norm for so many years. 

So I guess that’s why I’m actually paying attention to points and the league position. 

Same, I'm keeping an eye on the baseline tracker to see how we're getting on. A win or a loss here won't define our start to the season though.

7 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Will be interested to see what happens when Wilson is fit. Does Isak drop to the bench, does Wilson start on the bench, or does Isak play wide and Almiron comes out? 

Latter if he is playing both. If playing only one, then guess Isak will keep the shirt as long as he is performing. 

I've much higher expectations for this game than the Palace one, which I was nervous about because of the physical and mental output of the depleted team after three consecutive away fixtures. Not to mention the heartache and injustice of the Liverpool game. It's a credit to the team that they played well enough to - in a literal sense - win the Palace game against a tough side. Based on the extended highlights, the non-goal would've represented our just deserts. 

Now we've got a full seven days to recover and get some players back whilst West Ham have a potentially tricky game on Thursday. We've started the season well but with every passing game where we don't pick up three points, the pressure does mount a little bit, so I think we'll be really up for it. 

I fancy us to win but another point away from home wouldn't be a terrible result. 

56 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think we'll see Bruno and ASM, but not Wilson. No need to rush him back either with Isak fit.

Particularly with the international break coming up giving more recovery time. You like to think Wilson is back for Bournemouth though