Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 1/10/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Pope

Trippier     Schar     Botman     Targett

Bruno

Joelinton 

Willock

Miggy                                            ASM

Wilson

Potentially/probably depending on your preferences.

41 minutes ago, STM said:

Pope

Bruno

Joelinton 

Willock

Wilson

Potentially/probably depending on your preferences.

Hopefully Willock is dropped 

2 hours ago, Shearergol said:

The absolute main problem with this is the fact that ASM isn't available. I guess Willock and Murphy could give it a go.

Isak is out as well, I was really looking forward to him hitting some space on the counter like he did against Liverpool. This is going to be another frustrating afternoon I feel.

16 minutes ago, TRon said:

Isak is out as well, I was really looking forward to him hitting some space on the counter like he did against Liverpool. This is going to be another frustrating afternoon I feel.

I wasn't particularly looking forward to it anyway after the Bournemouth game but with the news that bruno, maxi and isak might all be missing, I'm not looking forward to it at all now.

2 hours ago, Scoot said:

I wasn't particularly looking forward to it anyway after the Bournemouth game but with the news that bruno, maxi and isak might all be missing, I'm not looking forward to it at all now.

We'll be fine. We beat Brentford and Brighton with Murphy-Wood-Fraser up top last year.

Pope

Longie

Bruno               Joelinton 

Wilson

Pope

Longstaff

Willock              Anderson 

Miggy                                            Fraser

Joelinton

Assuming Bruno, Wilson, Isak, Wood and ASM are out.

26 minutes ago, jack j said:

Shambles that like. You'd be raging. Wonder what would happen if they can't get in touch with people and they still turned up with their tickets

They’d find their ticket didn’t work…

11 hours ago, TRC said:

Pope

Longstaff

Joelinton

That looks grim. 

Still no idea what to expect from this one. 

Fulham are quite direct. While they are unlikely to play a low block, they'll be happy to let us have plenty of the ball. When they do go forward they'll obviously aim to get the ball into the main man, Mitro. He's in great form so whoever plays in that back line will have their hands full. Palhinha has made a great start to the season and will be a big miss for them.

Fulham's style of play means that we should get more chances on the break than we have in the last two. It sounds like Bruno should play, but ASM and Isak won't. Wilson being back will massively cushion the blow of the latter. Previously at Bournemouth he linked up really well with Fraser, so them knowing each others games should be a plus. I have no idea what we'll do to manage his minutes though.

I'd like to see Longstaff holding and Bruno further forward, but I think Willock will get the nod again due to his work rate in the high press.

I think it could be quite a high scoring one. Both sides have been competitive in every game, even against higher class opponents. I don't buy that we need a win here and while I'm not as confident as I was away to West Ham, I think we might just nick this 1-2.

6 hours ago, Dandy Don said:

I've had a drink or two with them when down there,good bunch of fans they are.

Ah I was talking about in the stadium, I'm sure they're nice people. They use these blow up clapping things because it so dead in there. It's fucking awful when they all start smacking them together.

4 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Still no idea what to expect from this one. 

Fulham are quite direct. While they are unlikely to play a low block, they'll be happy to let us have plenty of the ball. When they do go forward they'll obviously aim to get the ball into the main man, Mitro. He's in great form so whoever plays in that back line will have their hands full. Palhinha has made a great start to the season and will be a big miss for them.

Fulham's style of play means that we should get more chances on the break than we have in the last two. It sounds like Bruno should play, but ASM and Isak won't. Wilson being back will massively cushion the blow of the latter. Previously at Bournemouth he linked up really well with Fraser, so them knowing each others games should be a plus. I have no idea what we'll do to manage his minutes though.

I'd like to see Longstaff holding and Bruno further forward, but I think Willock will get the nod again due to his work rate in the high press.

I think it could be quite a high scoring one. Both sides have been competitive in every game, even against higher class opponents. I don't buy that we need a win here and while I'm not as confident as I was away to West Ham, I think we might just nick this 1-2.

I think Willock might get the nod because of his pace as well. With both ASM and Isak missing, Howe might see him as an asset on the counter.

17 hours ago, TRC said:

Pope

Longstaff

Joelinton

Would be better off swapping Willock and Joelinton. Awful team all the same though.