Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 1/10/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

I don't think we've lost our momentum as such, there's more to it than that.

We're getting used to an adjustment in style. Dominating possession and creating chances is totally counter intuitive to a lot of our players, who were bought and coached to break from a low block.

Similarly teams have quickly realised we're dangerous on the counter. They come to SJP and sit in, when they previously would have taken the game to us. This combined with our transition to a more possession based game has led to us huffing and puffing at times.

Injuries have also played a part. Shelvey, Bruno, ASM, Wilson and now Isak have all had time on the sideline. We're talking key players missing weeks at a time.

Even taking all of that into account we've been absolutely luckless with the officiating in some of our games. We should be at the very least three points better off. 

There's lots of positives, it's just going to take a bit of time. Last season's form was never going to be sustainable across a season.

I just don't think we have the players to break through good or hard-working defences when our best players are out. Our squad in general is extremely average.

That and the terrible luck we've had with decisions. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Stiffy alert. 

Seems like ages since we played.  As I barely saw any of the Bournemouth game (lucky me) and the West Ham game was called off.  I'm going tomorrow, things seem to be looking up on the injury front and I care about the club more than I have since I was a kid. 

Absolutely nothing could go wrong.............. :lol: 

That's quite strange considering how much Wood has played for us. He would definitely be a better player with crosses coming in the box constantly but I'm glad that's not (Howe Eddie) wants to play. Definitely need it as an alternative when teams sit deep against us like Bournemouth though as it's going to be a while before we can break those kind of teams down like Man City can. 

22 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

That's quite strange considering how much Wood has played for us. He would definitely be a better player with crosses coming in the box constantly but I'm glad that's not (Howe Eddie) wants to play. Definitely need it as an alternative when teams sit deep against us like Bournemouth though as it's going to be a while before we can break those kind of teams down like Man City can. 

We just need more than one creative threat in the final third who isn't injured and inconsistent quite alot tbh.  Diaby Turns us from 10th-8th to 8th -5th

My mates down there with his young'n for his 18th tomorrow and wanted to take him on the boat, sure I read somewhere on here that the lad who normally organises it wasn't doing it this time, can anyone confirm?  Or if it is happening..any details?

Thanks in advance.