Fulham 1-4 Newcastle United (01/10/2022)

Disco

Wouldn't get too carried away with todays result,they lost both regular fullbacks before game,Palahina out of their midfield,the guy who came in for him sent off in 7 minutes,Mitro was only 50/50 before game and limped off.

Yes good win,but it was all in our favour,so not getting carried away.

33 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

From being 100% comfortable in defence to looking poor by bringing on Lascelles and Lewis.Unsurprisingly really.Both shouldn’t be anywhere near the Premier League. A lesson learned by Eddie I’d like to think.

It's a lot more to do with changing 75% of the defence than it is the personnel.

1 minute ago, Dandy Don said:

Wouldn't get too carried away with todays result,they lost both regular fullbacks before game,Palahina out of their midfield,the guy who came in for him sent off in 7 minutes,Mitro was only 50/50 before game and limped off.

Yes good win,but it was all in our favour,so not getting carried away.

We were long overdue a game where everything went in our favour, to be honest. 

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The VAR looking so closely at Wilson's goal was mad

It was embarrassing tbh. Absolutely nothing to look at yet they took 5 mins to make their minds up.

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

Is it wrong to say I was slightly bored in the last 20 mins or so? As we where just passing it around the back for large parts of it? We are so rarely in that position that I feel dirty for thinking it :lol: 

Red card and the early first goal really killed the game. Was nice to watch without any pressure but also boring as fuck.

Internet  re sting to note that the commentators were saying how well we were doing considering this time last year we were without a win under Bruce, underperforming and that the club is now a good place to be.

If only they could have called out the 3 fat ducks responsible for us being in that position at the time.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Almost 70% possession again.  I know it was against 10 men, but it still feels alien and brilliant that we can be that dominant 

And also that we buy players who are naturally good in possession and don't hound them out when they can't fit in to Trussterfuck football any more.

Yes it was against ten men, but we have been trying inventive flicks and dummies in earlier games as well, you can clearly see the effects of the coaching in trying to get us to move the ball a bit quicker. It really bodes well for the rest of the season, and onwards as we get better quality players through the door.

15 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It's a lot more to do with changing 75% of the defence than it is the personnel.

You can change 75% of a defence and not look vulnerable.Bringing on Lewis and Lascelles was always going to weaken our defence considerably if Fulham attacked.Both have proved to be not good enough time and time again.Lewis,don’t forget,accepted not being in our 25 man squad for the second half of last season over going out on loan and getting game time.A shithouse of a professional footballer.

I thought that today’s game showed what a very good outfit we are. They were struggling to  deal with us before the sending-off, which only served to make the probable, inevitable, imo.

We are really well coached, really fit and make the most of our considerable strengths. The fact that results like this haven’t come earlier is happenchance

One of my favourite "little things in life" is the slight quiet pause when an away team scores and it takes a moment or two for the away fans to realise what's happened

Miggy's first today was the absolute perfect example. Lovely

Just now, Tiresias said:

It's amazing how a win and suddenly interested in all footy stuff again reading every article looking forward to watching match of the day

I know right :lol:  I can get too depressed after a poor result.