Manchester United 0-0 Newcastle United (16/10/2022)

Disco

Against weaker sides Burn on the left works well because he can tuck in to a 3 at the back while Tripps goes up the right wing. Definitely struggles against pacy wingers though, would’ve played Targett myself but Eddie obviously knows a lot better! 

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

Think it's an even call, really. Targett is okay, but struggles against a good opponent. Over the summer, LB seemed to be an area we were seeking to improve.

Burn has his limitations but as a personality and leader his presence seems to add something to the side. His arrival marked a turning point. 

What quality opposition has Targett struggled against ? 

16 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Fuck Manchester United and fuck their arrogant, entitled cunts for fans.

Streaming out on 85 minutes at 0-0 when the game is on a knife edge. What on earth goes through people's minds. 

So glad Rashford missed that chance. Ronaldo would have buried it too.

Long may their demise continue.

Tbf they'd have all had Ryanair flights back to Dublin/trains back to London to catch.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Don't think Howe massively rates Targett like. I think it was a position we looked at upgrading in the summer but settled on continuity.

Think it's more of the case that it's Burn's place to lose, unless he's suspended or injured and forced into it.

Just now, Cronky said:

Think it's an even all, really. Targett is okay, but struggles against a good opponent. Over the summer, LB seemed to be an area we were seeking to improve.

Burn has his limitations but as a personality and leader his presence seems to add something to the side. His arrival marked a turning point. 

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What quality opposition has Targett struggled against ? 

I think it was City that I had most in mind, but my opinion hasn't been formed by just the one game.

He was certainly an improvement on what we had before, but I can now see why Villa were prepared to let him go. For a full back, he's a bit slow on the turn and looks vulnerable when an opponent can stand him up. 

It's a moot point whether Burn or Targett offer the better package though. I just think Burn is a good organiser 

Its great seeing us going to any ground and not being a soft touch. We were by far better team in the first half and we dug in when we needed to in the second half. 

The fact Howe has managed to change the mentality from the years of surrender and excuse in such a short period of time is phenomenal. 

Hell of a base to work from, just need to get the players fit.

Now go and buy the best physio team in the world and all the inhalers the FA allow. 

50 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Against weaker sides Burn on the left works well because he can tuck in to a 3 at the back while Tripps goes up the right wing. Definitely struggles against pacy wingers though, would’ve played Targett myself but Eddie obviously knows a lot better! 

Remember when we had a choice of Lewis,Krafth or Manquillo at left back? Small steps ,small steps.

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

We battered you second half. We're still clearly a far better side. I wasn't convinced coming into it. :lol:

Did your lot even have a shot on target? Cant remember any chance you had until the 89th minute when you put 2 wide. Some battering that. Was a fairly tame 0-0 with not many chances for either side. Fair result 

I dont rate Man Utd anymore. They're a total mishmash.They have totally lost their identity, their buys in the market in the last few seasons have been overpriced, over hyped and not improved them at all. It's a club going nowhere, a club scrapping around for Thursday night football nowadays. 

I dont mind how long it takes, even if we finish outside the top 7 this season doesn't bother me, because right now I'm enjoying the transition, but, I'm thinking in 3 seasons they're getting left behind us.

Hatches were battened, sleeves rurled up and bus parked in front of goal second half. While Man utd didn't have many clear cut chances, I understand their fans feeling it was 2 points lost. We were a bit lucky to get away with a point imo.

Thought we were better first half, they were better second half - both sides missed sitters and both had what looked like legit pen claims waved away. Draw a fair result and a good point gained for us.