Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

8 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Roma poor 

Their football is similar to Spurs at times -  defenders do sod all with the ball - take Smalling for example - can only pass it 5 yards sideways - where is that going to get you? The two in the double pivot run round like headless chickens 

Such a waste - there’s talent within the squad but it’s neutralised with “Joseball”

Great performance from us today, we looked coached - before the match AND during it.

This fixture is awful for us.

We won it in 1995, which i wasn't at, but i was there the previous time to that we won it - 1984.

Didier Six's one amazing performance.

38 fucking years. At last.

14 minutes ago, brummie said:

Great performance from us today, we looked coached - before the match AND during it.

We won it in 1995, which i wasn't at, but i was there the previous time to that we won it - 1984.

Think you’ll crack on from here and be in the top 10 come the end of the season.

57 minutes ago, brummie said:

You’ve got a decent manager at last, never take scouse scrappy seconds

Just now, Ronson333 said:

You’ve got a decent manager at last, never take scouse scrappy seconds

Yet more football industry closing ranks this weekend about Gerrard, I saw.

"Why didn't the players do this for him?"

I'll tell you why. Because he played the wrong set up constantly, he never ever changed tactics from week to week let alone during the game, he picked fights with players to prove he's a hard man, and he drained almost every fucking inch of positivity between the club, players and fans inside 12 months.

The bloke is a fucking Bruce replicant in the making.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

I'll tell you why. Because he played the wrong set up constantly, he never ever changed tactics from week to week let alone during the game, he picked fights with players to prove he's a hard man, and he drained almost every fucking inch of positivity between the club, players and fans inside 12 months.

But his mate Carra, souness, redknapp or Macca on BT sports wouldn’t say it.

I'd quite enjoy watching the analysis of a match Man United lost where it doesn't lead with what Man United did wrong. The credit to the winning teams being a bit of an afterthought is wearing extremely thin, especially now that Man United have put some good results together.

4 hours ago, brummie said:

omg, completely forgot Didier Six played for Villa.

7 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Ten Hag reintegrating Ronaldo (and making him captain as well) to the detriment of the team is such a good look.

Making him captain was baffling, but who else is he going to play at the minute? :lol: Our entire attack force was injured/suspended bar Rashford.

May as well be playing with 10 when Ronaldo is on now like. He's not even finishing his chances anymore to make up for being a passenger in the pressing game.

11 hours ago, brummie said:

Watching MOTD2. Villa looked class tbf. Fully deserved win.

Edited by samptime29

16 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Watching MOTD2. Villa looked class tbf. Fully deserved win.

Just seen it myself, now watching the extended highlights on Youtube. Didn't realise how good Trippier's interception and through ball was at the time. Unreal quality.