Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

Despite the whole FA Cup thing, hope Sheff Wed come up today. One of my best mates is an Owl, I've seen them live at least 5 times, and will look to get to an away game next season either at Sunderland or Carlisle depending on how today goes, probably easier to get tickets to the latter.

5 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Spalletti is taking a sabbatical isn’t he? De Zerbi could be a good appointment for them.

Wonder if him name dropping Caicedo in his interview and pretty much him saying, 'This is little ol' Brighton' was him planting the seed as well. 

1 hour ago, Barnes23 said:

In terms of quality on average, there's a strong case to be made that the Brighton squad is superior to Spurs too

No question at all, Brighton are better in most places other than up front 

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Spurs aren’t far away from being a very average club if they aren’t careful. 

Take away Kane and Bentancur, they become bang average, even Son isn't what he was.

Eric Dier still playing for them baffles me the most. Their goalkeeper is shite, their defence is dreadful, their midfield is pragmatic but without any real quality. Kane really does keep them going. 

3 hours ago, astraguy said:

Would be mental,Brighton are a better run club in everyway 

The only thing I think that would make De Zerbi leave is that he knows Brighton are a selling club. Get playwrs througj, developed and then sell them off. He probably wants to keep them and have a sustained level of development and success as a club instead of always losing his best players and needing a mini-rebuild.

Championship will be great next season, even more with Sheff Wed.

Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, WBA, Watford, Boro, Norwich, Ipswich, Coventry, Sunderland, Stoke, Sheff Wed. Blackburn, Swansea, Cardiff. 

None of those look out of place in the Premier League. 

It's also why I think Sunderland had to get out this season. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Championship will be great next season, even more with Sheff Wed.

Leeds, Leicester, Southampton, WBA, Watford, Boro, Norwich, Ipswich, Coventry, Sunderland, Stoke, Sheff Wed. Blackburn, Swansea, Cardiff. 

None of those look out of place in the Premier League. 

It's also why I think Sunderland had to get out this season. 

Yeah, seeing it laid out like that is nuts. Should be cracking.

2 hours ago, Barnes23 said:

In terms of quality on average, there's a strong case to be made that the Brighton squad is superior to Spurs too

You have to remember that Kane is almost certain to leave, Son you would think won’t be too far behind him.

There are now question marks over if Kulusevski will join, and Moura who has been a big part of their recent ‘success’ has had a poor season and will be leaving.

In saying this, Brighton could also spend the summer selling their best players.