Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland (Argentina and Poland qualify)

Big River

1 minute ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Messi has always been below average with penalties for whatever reason. Bizarre when he is probably the most accurate shooter in history.

This Acuna has been given perfect service a couple of times and done nothing. Very wasteful.

I might be imaging this. But I’m sure he has spoke about them before and said he gets nervous taking them. He often tries to blast them like that and it’s usually at a good height for the keeper. 

4 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

That's awful, Messi missed with his header. Glad he saved it. It would be interesting if somebody can be bothered to see how many penalties Messi has missed. He seems to miss a lot but as a percentage I've no idea.

105 scored 30 missed according to this site.

https://www.messivsronaldo.app/detailed-stats/penalties/

Just now, toon25 said:

Poland are absolutely honking.

Nothing about them whatsoever 

many players from the likes of Serie B and other joke leagues. I could sign half of them for my team if I wanted. The sporting director doesn’t speak English though so we are still working on that. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I might be imaging this. But I’m sure he has spoke about them before and said he gets nervous taking them. He often tries to blast them like that and it’s usually at a good height for the keeper. 

That one was both a great pen and an outstanding save though. You almost never get both together 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That one was both a great pen and an outstanding save though. You almost never get both together 

I dunno. He has absolutely blasted it and it is a great save. But it’s not in the corner and/or high enough. Keeper guesses right and he has a fair chance of getting a hand to it. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Saudi Mexico is a good game, like. Hope Saudis nick it, they're a fun team. 

That's what's so annoying about Wales, Denmark, Poland. That teams worse than them can have a go. Australia would if they could, they're just limited.

Used to be a big deal when there was an exceptionally boring team or two at the world cup - Bulgaria 86, Uruguay 90, Norway 94. Every groups got at least one now it seems.

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's what's so annoying about Wales, Denmark, Poland. That teams worse than them can have a go. Australia would if they could, they're just limited.

Used to be a big deal when there was an exceptionally boring team or two at the world cup - Bulgaria 86, Uruguay 90, Norway 94. Every groups got at least one now it seems.

Just wait until they increase it to 48 teams...