World Cup Final: Argentina 3-3 France (4-2 pens) - Argentina are world champions

16 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Oh strange, I'm sure that's been edited, now at 41:35

Edit: no hang on, now it's back where it was :lol:

Try both!

Fucking hell. :lol: At first I thought it was a joke until he wondered out loud whether you're allowed to do that.

Had no idea he sounded like that as well. He sounds like a Father Ted character they decided not to go with for sounding too stereotypically thick. 

20 hours ago, TRon said:

Incidentally, I thought Chedirra was the worst striker the world has ever seen, but that Martinez ran him close.

I questioned the managers decision making to play him until i saw who they brought on instead in the semi-final. that Hamdallah fella was somehow worse [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Wullie said:

Oh strange, I'm sure that's been edited, now at 41:35

Edit: no hang on, now it's back where it was :lol:

Try both!

41.35 for me - I thought he was just joking "he should have sent Di María back in!" but then he genuinely wonders if that's allowed :lol:

Edited by Village Idiot

Him asking Bruno Fernandes why Ronaldo wasn't taking the penalty against Villa was one of the funniest things in recent seasons.

I don't mind a bit of keeper shithousing at all, I think penalty takers are given far too much leeway these days re: stuttering run ups, waiting for the keeper to dive etc, I'm all for a bit of redress.

He got his yellow card for it, but I’m all for using every advantage to gain a psychological edge. Don’t see why he has to play Mr Nice Guy and throw it directly to the pen taker so he can get settled that little bit earlier. 

Different circumstance obviously, but most if not every game you’ll see a player kick the ball away when conceding a free kick or throwing it away if it goes out for a throw in. 

The more i've thought about it today, the more i'm glad Argentina won it, the scenes are just something else, the unrivaled passion and pride each and every one of the people on the streets of Buenos Aires had/have is second to none. I can't think of any European nation that would have produced similar scenes of emotion, god forbid what would happen if we ever won it. I think the only nation that would come close is Brazil tbh.

I keep watching that drone video in awe, its utterly incredible. 

3 hours ago, Wullie said:

Him asking Bruno Fernandes why Ronaldo wasn't taking the penalty against Villa was one of the funniest things in recent seasons.

I don't mind a bit of keeper shithousing at all, I think penalty takers are given far too much leeway these days re: stuttering run ups, waiting for the keeper to dive etc, I'm all for a bit of redress.

What is actually wrong with the stuttering run ups? 

PS. I find the mindgames amazing and not disrespectful at all.