The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

620 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

8 minutes ago, huss9 said:

DWD will do us.

as i mentioned in the brighton thread - we need to take the pressure off and not treat this game like a must win.

the Leicester one on the other hand....

But it pretty much is a must-win, no?

(Unless Leicester get something tonight)

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

No, we can lose and still finish above Liverpool's best if we win the next 2.

I fancied us to beat Leeds and get at least 1 point between Arsenal and Brighton then finish it at Leicester. 

I would still take a draw against Brighton. Beat Leicester. 

14 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

if we draw tonight, then just a win and draw does us as long as liverpool dont overtake our goal difference.

4 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

If Liverpool draw tonight isn't it just a win needed assuming our GD is better?

yes.

its shit like this that kept me up all last night.

was too embarrassed to tell the missus i hadnt slept well because i was worried about the rest of the season!

It’s pretty much do-or-die tonight for Leicester. You would expect Everton to pick up at least three points from Wolves (A) and Bournemouth (H). 

Leeds also have Spurs at home last day and you’d anticipate Spurs to fold like usual.

It will be a difficult game for Liverpool tonight if they don’t get an early goal.

One thing I wonder about - while there's no doubt that our guys want to finish as high in the league as possible, in the back of their minds they'll know, some of them, that if we end up in the CL, they're very likely not part of the future of the club. Has to be a weird mix of emotions for the mid-tier players.

5 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Haway man. Chelsea have won 1 league game in the last 8 or 9. Worst manager in the league. They have bags of talent but there’s nothing to fear. 

Soz like, but I don't want to have to win at Chelsea on the last day of the season to qualify for the CL. Worst manager will mean less now that Poch is set to take over. It's a team full of high value superstars, I don't think them being poor by their standards suddenly makes this a game I can be confident of winning. Like I said, they might well be up for it to impress the new manager coming in, and to put us in our place as it were.

It's still in our hands, but I'm now hoping Liverpool might come a cropper against Leicester or Villa. Hopefully both.

Chelsea have 2 very tough fixtures coming up. This can maybe work in our favour? Theyre playing two away games against City and Manchester United in just a week before our game. If they lose both they might get demoralized, but then again a home game at the last day after two losses can also give them motivation to fight for ending on a positive note.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Leicester wont beat VAR. 

We’ll still do it though

This is what worries me. Conspiracy theorist sure but I’m convinced they’re trying to sneak Liverpool in the back door like when you try and thumb in a softy.

36 minutes ago, TRon said:

Soz like, but I don't want to have to win at Chelsea on the last day of the season to qualify for the CL. Worst manager will mean less now that Poch is set to take over. It's a team full of high value superstars, I don't think them being poor by their standards suddenly makes this a game I can be confident of winning. Like I said, they might well be up for it to impress the new manager coming in, and to put us in our place as it were.

It's still in our hands, but I'm now hoping Liverpool might come a cropper against Leicester or Villa. Hopefully both.

Neither do I. But it is an easier game than Brighton. Brighton are actually good in real life, Chelsea are not.

Just now, Theregulars said:

This is what worries me. Conspiracy theorist sure but I’m convinced they’re trying to sneak Liverpool in the back door like when you try and thumb in a softy.

Oh I agree, Liverpool were massively against our takeover

2 hours ago, Gawalls said:

Leicester have had more shock results - Liverpool won't get beat tonight, difference between Liverpool and Brighton is Liverpool are experienced in getting over the line as this current run is showing.

Liverpool hasn't played the greatest of fooball lately, but they allways manage to snatch the win by a goal. They are more clinical than their opponents (much thanks to Salah), and their defending has improved.

Edited by Erikse

We have to win our next two home games. Fuck relying on Chelsea away man. We’ve two big nights at SJP and if we can’t get it done then that’s on us.

Hopefully after tonight we’ll only need one more win but unfortunately Liverpool will get some more referee/VAR bullshit no doubt.