Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

The first of four games in ten days , will have to be some rotation at some point . The Leicester cup game should be the priority with the Sheff Wed game the least of our worries . Full team against Leeds and make some changes against Arsenal if needed .

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think the gap between Leeds and Arsenal is large enough to play first choice. Get the likes of Shelvey, Fraser, Lascelles, Murphy etc down at Sheff Wed then back to full strength for Leicester.

Shelvey's out for ages

10 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Do we think this is the end for Shelvey given he's out of contract and rarely been fit or used this season. 

Think it probably is. Doubt he’ll get an extension/new contract. Great shame if his time here does just peter out, he’s had some great moments through a bleak era. But guess that’s football. 

14 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Think it probably is. Doubt he’ll get an extension/new contract. Great shame if his time here does just peter out, he’s had some great moments through a bleak era. But guess that’s football. 

I’m fairly certain that the extension has already been triggered 

Can’t wait for this one, hard to know what to expect from Leeds, they went to Anfield and won and should have won at spurs. They will no doubt come out at us so that should suit us.

I will go high scoring 4-2 win for us if Wilson is starting.

15 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

If he wasn’t injured we might have been able to get a few million in January for him. Looks like he’s gone on a free in summer though.

I predict a comfortable 2.0 win with Leeds (insert team name here) underperforming against a lucky Newcastle.

Their forums will then not mention that they had 1 shot on target but that we are solely responsible for all the faults of the middle east if not the world.

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

21 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Re: Shelvey I don’t think we know if it’s 3 starts or 3 appearances. If the latter he’s made 3 appearances, but Hope will likely know more than us.

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Watching the citeh match and don't think these have enough to beat us, but can defend and operate as a solid unit. tough game, hopefully this one takes it out of them.

Solid?

Was about 7 clear chances in first half alone.  They look shit.